Munchak Discussing 2012

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Munchak said there could be changes on his staff this offseason, but said that's won't be decided until later #titans

Munchak said he hasn't talked about QB situation heading into '12. But said he envisions a Hasselbeck-Locker competition

Munchak said #Titans should benefit in run game from an offseason to work together. Said oline hurt most by lockout

Munchak: No talk yet about QB situation for next year. Says hopes there will always be competition and best guy will play.
    Wldnt tell Locker he can't start next year ... Sounds like it will be more of open competition than this year. #Titans

Munchak: Been a while since we drafted OLine (early). Will at least take a look there. #Titans

Munchak on DBs: Easy to say u'd like all back, but fact is probably can't pay for all of them. #Titans

Munchak: Feels lockout hurt linemen - offensive and defensive - the most. #Titans

Munchak: Says the fact that CJ might be tad slower because of wear and tear is not reason for big problems in running game this year #Titans

My Thoughts:
    Everyone move on from the Penn St. talk lol

Hope Munchak isn't making excuses for the OL & DL ("lockout hurt them most") and goes out and improves both lines via draft/free agency (signings, first two rounds of draft).

On the DBs, they better retain Finnegan and likely one of Griffin/Babineaux stays on -- the other will be walking. Depends on the markets for them.

Also sounds like Hasselbeck will be on a shorter leash, if Locker doesn't beat him out in camp anyways.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd be happy to just keep Finnegan, the safeties can go.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I agree with Munchak about the O-Line being hurt most by the lockout. Before the season began I thought tackling would be most effected, but O-Line was right there with it. Just not too sure why we stunk so much more than others. I suppose it could be on our interior linemen being pudding-like, and not pushing anyone back.

And there SHOULD be a QB competition this summer.

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

But then what would you do with your #33 jersey?:D

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think he was just being honest.

Good quotes from Munch thanks for posting. I like all the answers really.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I wouldn't mind if they kept Babs also. I think he has some good upside.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

My gut says Finnegan is gone.

But I hope he stays...

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Munch stated that both offense and defense coordinators will be here next year.

Bite that haters! Lol

Via Jwyatt

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Palmer back? Really? He cost us the Saints game, and just about cost us the Texans game as well. Disgusting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar