Munchak: Don’t judge CJ based on five carries

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CJ was absoutly shut down against even average Ds in 2011. By week 3 teams were not even putting 8 in the box and still shutting down CJsideways. CJ abused a couple of teams and did get 1000 but it would have too be one of the weakest 1000 I have ever seen.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1,000 yards is nothing impressive in the NFL these days.

Get 62 yards per game and you're a 1,000 yard back. Only garbage RBs don't reach 1,000.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Wyatt Tweet:
    "Titans OC Chris Palmer put the blame in running game more on his offensive line than on Chris Johnson vs Seattle"

On his radio show, Munch said a lot of the problems with the run game was because players didn't hear the call because of the Seahawk fan noise. I found that a bit strange. Maybe he was referring to the snap count.

Either way, it looks like the coaches are trying to take some of the heat off CJ.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I saw lanes on the field that night. It is not the OLs job to keep them open for an hour while CJ finds the path of least resistance to the end zone.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Apparently you guys know more than the offensive coordinator that drew up the plays after he reviewed the tape.

6. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

I rather be a pass first team anyways. We just need cj to be decent not great.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Nobody is expecting either coach to come out and say that he thought every RB hit the holes harder and ran with more conviction than CJ. They know CJ is fragile right now and they are trying to protect him.

8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

May be true, but Munchak called him out about his drops (which I guess he would look like an idiot if he didn't), just don't see Palmer being scared to say "there were one or two plays where I think he could have cut a different way and gained a few more yards". Palmer always seems to talk somewhat honestly compared to someone like Fisher who will tip toe around any issue.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Eddie saw them as well, and I would say he knows more about that than Palmer.

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Yea you may be right, I think I saw a missed lane on one play, but Eddie only had 2 years that weren't in the 3. something YPC, He was a different type of back and he was the reason I became a Titans fan but he's not exactly the type that got any more lanes than CJ has the past year or so, he usually just ran straight ahead for 1-6 yards.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar