Munchak Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

i honestly dont remember any tosses. i griped all year because no toss sweeps. maybe i missed them.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't like the narrative that the NFL is now just pass happy, you can be successful running the ball more than the average team. Obviously teams with elite QBs are going to throw the ball more but every other team in the NFL is trying to find their identity. Right now, we don't really have one which is why Munchak is out.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Dead ass.

We can play a run heavy game and win. We have to be able to make the passes when they count however and if we are going run heavy we need a RBBC. We also need to test the edges, create interesting looks and go back to the chalk board with how we will test the defenses.

In my opinion, if we are going to become a run heavy team even more so, then we need to bring in a college OC. Let them try out all their crazy run plays and schemes. Push the boundaries. We did net even try that this season. We played the line up and get dominated route.

Basically even if we keep CJ we need to draft a guy that can take over this year.

Fresh legs.

We also need to get a O line coach that actually pushes these guys. That's been a massive failure since Bruce came to town. I suspect it will change rather quickly.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

John Glennon@glennonsports 1m
    Munchak: “This is a day I hoped would never come, but there is a reason for everything. Words cannot express the sadness for leaving this organization that I have been a part of for over 30 years. Sometimes rebuilding a team and its culture takes time, but I truly believe we were on the verge of great things. Unfortunately my vision did not match that of the organization, so we will part ways."

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports 1m
    More Munchak: "I would like to thank my players and staff for their on-going support and I wish them all the best."

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports 1m
    Munchak continued: "Also, to the fans that have hung with me, I want to say “thanks.”

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think we can be successful with a lot of the guys on the team, we just needed a coaching overhaul on offense. Running CJ inside like he's "The Fridge" or Jerome Bettis isn't going to cut it.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Haha. But I do agree with you that our overall run-pass ratio was good, but unfortunately we had heavy tendencies in when we did one or the other, imo. Sadly I never got my hands on NFL Gamepass so I couldn't go back and look at the games. :(

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

There were and for the life of me, I cannot find the website that broke it down. They broke down 2-3 games and showed it clearly happening.

My biggest, and honestly only gripe with Loggains was where was the playaction?

Although if you cant run the ball.. people wont bite on the playaction.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yep and that's why I said in the post before that one that you have to be able to do both.

9. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

10. davidc502

davidc502 Starter

The NFL rules are skewed and set up for teams to be successful throwing the ball. So yes, it's the narrative, and will continue to be.

I think most everyone will agree you can't be too heavy one way or the other. But if a team is going to lean one direction, the potential for the most success will be throwing the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar