Munchak hopes Bironas can get on track

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans kicker Rob Bironas enters the 2013 season as the third-ranked kicker in NFL history in field goal accuracy.

On Saturday, however, he was off target, misfiring on short field goals of 37 and 38 yards after making his first attempt, from 44 yards.

Coach Mike Munchak said he hopes Bironas gets more opportunities to correct the problem in the next few weeks. The ninth-year pro has missed practice time in training camp with a sore back.

Munchak said he has some concerns, but not enough to consider bringing in more kickers to evaluate. In addition to Bironas, kicker Maikon Bonani is also in camp with the Titans.

“I think there is always concern when something happens that normally doesn’t,’’ Munchak said. “He is usually pretty automatic (inside 40). … But you are always concerned – you are concerned when guys drop balls or miss kicks.

“ … But this has never been an issue before and I am hoping he’ll get a couple more opportunities this week and we’ll put this behind us.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

He's definitely still hurt, last night was ridiculous

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

It's sad when your HC wants the FG kicker to get more opportunities..

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, well sadly I will be wanting our drives to stall in the second half, so I can see what this bum can do.

I can forgive him if he can no longer hit from outside of 50, but inside of 50 there's no excuse. And he couldn't even hit from inside 40 last night... that's flat out bad. Once is a fluke, twice is not... I don't care if you're hurt. You're a ****ing kicker. Sack up and make the kick. That's your only job on the football field. When you can't make 95% of FGs inside of 40, you've gotta go. If he misses any more from inside 40, I will be pissed off beyond belief.

These rookie kickers come out and look better than the veterans anyways. We'll just need to find our own Walsh, Tucker, Zuerlein, etc.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Hopefully Dan Carpenter isn't signed by next week.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Bring him in now, he did not just miss he missed bad and he was going down hill last year!

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We don't have the balls to cut Bironas.

He could go 20/40 on FGs and we'd probably still keep him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

This is definitely a concern, I hope it works out well.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I don't know about that...yea 3 or 4 years ago this would be the case...I think we changed a little since then though

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If this would've been a regular season game Bironas would be the reason we lost because had all three missed goals been made we would've won 28-27.

He absolutely can't be missing too many FG's because it might end up costing us a game or better yet a trip back to the postseason if we ended up losing strictly because of easily missed FG's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar