Munchak hopes Wright won’t suffer from missed time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Rookie wide receiver Kendall Wright missed his third straight day of practice on Monday, as he and the Titans have yet to come to terms on a contract.

Wright, the 20th overall selection, is one of two picks in the entire draft that have yet to sign. The other is Jacksonville’s Justin Blackmon.

Coach Mike Munchak said he’s thankful Wright at least got the benefit of an offseason, unlike last year when all the rookies missed out on OTAs and minicamps because of the lockout: “The good thing for us is that he spent the eight or nine weeks with us and has a really good feel for what we’re doing.”

In addition, Wright played in a sophisticated, pass-oriented attack at Baylor.

“He’s used to reading coverages. He’s done a lot in college, which a lot of the receivers you couldn’t say that about. So, it’d be more of a scare if it (that wasn’t the case),” Munchak said. “You want him here. There’s no doubt. If he’s going to help us early, you don’t want to miss any time.

“But he’s a guy that has a great head start on most young receivers just because of the system he was in, the fact that he played four years in college, and he got better every year. He’s not a guy that played two years and came out and is still figuring the game out.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Translation:

"Im trying to be nice but get your !*@ in camp!!"

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He will most definitely suffer.

I'm shocked we haven't signed him yet. We need to get this done by Wednesday - the 1st of the month.

The amount he is asking for is completely reasonable from what I've seen.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have no seen any numbers, but was under the impression that this would be painless due the new contract.

5. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

His agent is trying to get the 4th year of his contract fully guaranteed based on the contract one of the mid-first round guys got last year. Thing is, that player was the only one of the mid-first guys to get that guarantee and no one later than pick 16 got it this year.

His agent is being a douche.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It should be pointed out the he did not finish mini camp because of a shoulder injury. the extra time off may actually have helped him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Why do writers even file stories like this? Of course Munch hopes he won't be harmed by missing time. Is that news? Now, if munch said "I hope Wright tears his ACL cause I hate him" go ahead and write that. But this... cmon, that's just mailing it in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Stan

Stan Infinite

Have to agree with you here, articles like this are around for nothing more than fluff during the slower parts of the season.

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I get that there is nothing newsworthy going on, but at least write something interesting. Like break down an offense, give me a deep bio on a player I don't know much about, whatever, not just "no ****" fluff.

10. Stan

Stan Infinite

Yea I'm not too sure that our reporters quite have the capability to do such a thing, would be nice though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar