Munchak said he’s proud of Kenny Britt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

After playing just two snaps in Sunday’s game against the Seahawks, one might think Titans receiver Kenny Britt is deep in the coaching staff’s doghouse.

To hear coach Mike Munchak tell it, that’s not the case.

“Kenny has handled a tough situation very well, and I’m proud of him for that,’’ Munchak said of Britt. “It is not easy, and it is frustrating for him, I’m sure. I am sure he is hearing it from a lot of people. I know his expectations are so high. But he is handling himself really well.”

Britt, who has just seven catches for 59 yards on the season, lost his starting spot a few weeks back after numerous drops. He was out of the three-receiver sets last week, and didn’t take the field until the latter stages of the fourth quarter.

Munchak said that won’t happen again on Sunday vs. the 49ers.

“He needs to play more. He needs to get 20 snaps,’’ Munchak said of Britt. “I’d like to give him opportunities to make plays. Maybe he’s not starting, and maybe he’s not in the starting groups. But he needs to be in the mix, because the guy still has talent. We still believe in him, and want to give him opportunities even if he has dropped some balls.

“But we need to play him more, and I think he’ll rise up to the occasion.”

And while the Titans have fielded calls from teams inquiring about Britt, Munchak said the team isn’t looking to trade him.

The NFL trade deadline is October 29.

“We have no plans to (trade him),’’ Munchak said. “Obviously, anything can happen. But we he needs to help us win games, and hopefully that will be this weekend.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I guess Kenny has handled this rather well considering guys in his same situation have been rumored to have run off with a gun in the past.

Don't lie, how many of you thought after the twitter fiasco Kenny would show up in the police blotter...?

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Wow, Much got his big shovel out for that one

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LOL

everyones hip waders are gonna smell now

5. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Who wants to bet that Britt has a 100 yard game this year before Wright?

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey dont forget our bet about Greene's average.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What is your obsession with a WR gaining 100 yards? I guess if Wright gained 99 he would still suck in your eyes, correct?

**** let's be real, if Wright set a single game record you would still hate on him.

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Anything.

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Haha no I like wright. Still dont think he was worth a first round pick though. Therefore until he can go for a 100 on a consistent basis or get over a 1000 yards in a season he will be considered this way to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar