Training Camp Munchak: Sunday a mixed bag for his quarterbacks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

It looked to me like Jake was nervous...he was tight...not loose and relaxed. Gotta figure it was his first nfl start. He'll come around.

2. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

that first INT was ugly, then it was not too awful. Still every snap JL gets with the first team is just that much more experience.

Plus when JL did run he made TB pay for turning their backs on him - I liked that

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I have the game on DVR and if you look back Locker had a lot of positives too. Like the one good scramble for many yards. He also lead that TD drive where CJ scored.

5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

He'll chalk that up as a learning experience and try not make the same mistake in the regular season. Nobodys open, tuck and run, get as many yards as possible.

6. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

But how would it be a disaster? Majority of us have already said that starting 0-4 is a likely outcome.

So if we aren't expected to win those anyways, how bad could he really do? I think it's the perfect time to throw him in there for some real expereience.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Big picture! I don't care about our first 4 games, I really care about the next 10 years, and too much too soon if Jake isn't ready could end up like David Carr.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

only if Fat Albert starts tackling him as hes leaving Whole Foods

9. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Throw Locker in there!

Lets see how he handles tough defenses and booing fans. If he isnt ready youll see him with his head down and giving the body language that he wants out. A guy like Locker will do whats best for the team. I think he would let Munch know he isnt ready. 8th round pick the kid should be ready. what would BUd Adams do!

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The biggest disaster would be to start Hass and go 0-4. I understand this is a tough decision if the coaches are just looking at the first four games but they shouldn't be thinking like that. They should be looking at the whole season and beyond. At some point Locker is going to have to go out and play in a real game as the starter. Say we go 0-4 or 1-3 and then you put Locker out there. What have we gained? Now you put even more pressure on him especially if we are 0-4. We could go on a down slide that could damage Locker.

Gabbert and Ponder looked horrible last year but what I've seen of them in the pre-season has been decent. Playing last year gave them some experince to build on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar