Rumor Munchak thinks he's gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Actually that is fairly impressive and yet I was definitely on the Dump Fisher bandwagon once all the fall out from VY and Bud started to taint everything about the organization. To this point I agree Fisher > Munchak by light years, however, with the way things began to fracture between Bud and Fish that was simply not going to work any longer and the writing had been on the wall for a couple of seasons before it actually happened if you ask me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pretty sure we'd still be the exact same team with or without Fisher. Munchak was just the wrong guy. 17 seasons is enough. Period.

I am so sick of people thinking we should have kept Fisher. Don't second guess yourself. It was the right call.

Firing Fisher = good.
    Hiring Munchak = bad.

That does not mean Fisher should have stayed.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. Carp

Carp Starter

I disagree. Fisher was/is a good coach who had the end of his tenure here defined by a very bad QB that he never wanted. Had he been able to take Cutler, things may have gone quite different.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

School em! By no means will I say that Munchak is better than Fisher but like you pointed out getting rid of Fisher was the right move. He was out of touch his last 2 seasons here and it had run its course.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree

there would have NOT been an ice cream party after any 10 loss seasons

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

fisher has been an nfl coach for 19 or 20 seasons and has been better than 8-8 6 times that is it! Lets not throw things out and years out. He is basically a .500 coach, he also had home field in 2000 and the best team in the league and couldnt win a playoff game. Ditto 2008. The game has passed fisher by. This year I watched him start taking knees with 3 minutes to go in the loss by the rams to the 49ers. He basically raised the white flag at the start of the 4th quarter. He is doing to the rams what he did here. 8-8 .500 football and most of us are tired of that. In alot of ways Munch is still Fisher and that is something that needs to get out of the building.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

He never wanted cutler that was who Floyd Reese wanted. Fisher wanted Matt Leinart and to be honest VY was not the bust that Leinart was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar