Munchak: Titans must be smart with Kenny Britt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

After another day of practice on Thursday, the Titans are looking forward to cutting receiver Kenny Britt loose on Sunday on San Diego.

Coach Mike Munchak said the team will have to be smart, however.

While the team believes Britt’s knees are fine, he has a history of hamstring injuries.

“I think that’s why you have to realize you can’t overplay him. The same thing can happen,’’ Munchak said. “What happens if he doesn’t hurt his knee, but he hurts something else? He’s had hamstrings before, quads, and you have to start worrying about those things.”

Britt hasn’t played since suffering a torn ACL on September 25, 2011. He just returned to practice on Wednesday.

“Even though his knee may feel good, the rest of his body hasn’t played either,’’ Munchak said. “That’s why we have to be smart for a lot of reasons, not just because of the knee. He has to have a decent rotation where we slowly get him back in there, slowly get his confidence back and slowly have him contribute to the team.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My gut says they need to pick and choose when he's in the game. But it would be nice to see him get into a rhythm and work back to form. I wish I were more optimistic he'll make it through the game without tweaking something.

3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I know...it seems like this game has disaster written all over it. I hope I'm wrong.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah, like when we're up 43 - 0

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. tkenne13

tkenne13 Camp Fodder

Do anybody kno how to watch the titans games on youtube i be wantin to watch them but cant cuz im in philly

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You won't be able to watch them on YouTube.
    You can subscribe to NFL Rewind and watch them.

7. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

I see a lot of wright and cook in this game with Britt sprinkled in occasionally. Hope the run game can get some yards this week. Without a run game were screwed.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Is that you GoT?

9. tkenne13

tkenne13 Camp Fodder

how do u do that

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What? Keep him from re-injuring himself? Take it slow, limit his plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar