Munchak to boy rapist U

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

There will be no punishment from the NCAA. Most of the morons calling for the death penalty were writers that didn't even bother to get the facts of the story.

With that said, it will be a challenging position due to recruiting, media pressure, and a limited support from school officials.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

They went to 2 straight afc championship games with him.

Isn't it the job of the OC to get the most out of the talent he has?

The last 3 seasons the Jets have averaged 19th in total offense. 19th with a lot of players who have been to pro bowls.

How does that indicate that the OC is head coaching material?

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I disagree Steve.

Paterno / PSU showed lack of institutional control. SMU got the death penalty mostly because the administration knew about the rules infractions and did nothing. Same can be said about PSU. This is why, once it became public knowledge about the horrid actions on Paternos watch, so many heads rolled at PSU.

I am not saying PSU gets the death penalty, they wont IMO, but I can understand the talk.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Rolly, my man, you're once again confused, but thats why I'm here to help you out.

I NEVER ever ever ever ever ever, said he was head coaching material, never, not once!

What I did say was I wouldn't mind him replacing Palmer as our OC.

Then someone said he sucked, so I explained why I feel he doesn't, by blaming the QB.

They only went to 2 AFC Title games because they made sure to limit Sanchez. Now however, they're an average team because they foolishly thought Sanchez could lead them to another title game. And that's Rex's fault BTW.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

There are no NCAA rules that you have to go above and beyond chain of command about someone that wasn't a part of the football program. The NCAA gave a cursory look, but that is it.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lack of institutional control is clear.

Would not surprise me that a high profile program escapes punishment though.

I am failry certain the NCAA has all sorts of rules about all sorts of things. But the main thing is the institution was aware of illeaglities, not NCAA rules but actual laws, and did nothing. IMO its the lack of institutional control that is the issue. If the President of Penn State is fine with child rape that still affects the NCAA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar