Munchak to interview with Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I agree that munch is a very good OL coach. That is what disappointed me the most about him as a head coach. When matthews clearly was not doing a good job coaching them why did he not take it back himself and fix it!

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

How I see it:

Had he not been hired as HC, he probably would have been let go after Fisher left.. so it was inevitable anyway. Whether it be now, or 3-4 years ago.

3. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

If he ended up as houston's coach, this would be even funnier. Imagine the cows after THAT kind of crap fell into their lap!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Problem with that is their run game is zone based, we tried that in 2012 and it didn't work.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

But with a new staff entirely I think anything could be a go. Idk about you but to me Palmer is not an NFL OC.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I thought houston ran the alex gibbs blocking style with kubiak that is what shannahan ran in denver and ran in washington. Which is alot of pulling and low blocking and driving people off the football. Which is why houston denver and redskins always ran the ball no matter the back.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I tend to blame CP for the ineptitude also. But it took MM how long to dump that loser?

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Didn't want to start another thread for this, but apparently The Scrub is interviewing to be the Steelers OL coach.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-meet-with-steelers-about-offensive-line-job/

First the Texans. Now the Steelers. Not exactly endearing himself to his remaining Titan-fan supporters but I guess why should he care at this point.

Pretty sad that this guy was our HC for the past three years and now he's most likely going to be relegated back to OL duties.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Pretty horrible when two failed former head coaches already have HC gigs, and ol' Munch can't hardly find an OL job.

It shows how horrible of a hire he was.. and how unqualified he was for the position.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

To be fair, I'm sure he could have his pick of just about any available OL job in the league. He's probably just waiting to hear for sure that he did not get the Cleveland HC gig before making a decision.

But yeah, he was an awful HC hire. I think it's pretty telling that no one is even interested in interviewing him for a coordinator position. I think Cleveland and Detroit was just doing their due diligence by interviewing him for their open HC position. "He has HC experience, why not bring him in for an afternoon?"... that kinda thing. I'll be shocked if he's ever a HC in this league again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar