Munchak: Von Miller hit “disturbing”

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans coach Mike Munchak believes the NFL should take further action against Denver linebacker Von Miller, following his roughing-the-passer penalty on quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick on Sunday.

Miller put a helmet-to-helmet hit on Fitzpatrick, seemingly making no effort to go lower on the quarterback.

“I think that is disturbing because that was unnecessary,” Munchak said. “They flagged it, which was the right thing, and luckily our quarterback wasn’t hurt.”

The Broncos were assessed a 15-yard penalty on the play, which helped the Titans put together a touchdown drive. But Munchak, who recently had to deal with the one-game suspension of safety Michael Griffin, wants to see further discipline from the league. A fine would seem likely for Miller.

“I hope they’ll take a look at that and realize that it was unnecessary, and that there were other ways to hit him in that situation,” Munchak said. “That’s what the league does. They look at those kinds of hits and they make the decision if there’s anything warranted past that.

“I know he’s a great football player, but again, in the heat of the battle, guys make plays … and they could have lowered the target or whatever. We’re being hammered with it, so hopefully it’s consistent throughout the league.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

It was flagrant...and the league decision will say plenty about equity in levying punishments...

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Yeah, let's see the fine for that. Von Miller doesn't have the cleanest rep, but no doubt it'll be a slap on the wrist.

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

A post season suspension is in order.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Maybe he'll pay someone else to say they made the hit...

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

anyone have a video of this? couldn't see one nfl.com? not sure if I missed it.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He led with the very crown of the helmet to the face. Was pretty brutal- and I'm all for rough football.

Wondered if Fitz was concussed after that. Very well could have been.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I must have missed that play...but would not be a bit surprised if nothing happens at all.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Peyton will put a call in

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The league should give money to Pollard because of the flag when he laid out Decker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar