Munchak: We want a veteran QB who can win now.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no problem. I chose unemployment over a move to Hoboken once - lol

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Check out this blog. It's written by a Redskins fan who thinks packaging McNabb and Haynesworth in a deal to the Titans makes a lot of sense for both sides. He even thinks a conditional pick (like a 5th if the players don't perform well and maybe a 2nd or 3rd if they do) for both players would benefit both sides. What do you guys think? It seems a similar deal like that would take care of 2 areas of need for us.

http://theeckertaxiom.blogspot.com/2011/07/why-mcnabbhayneworth-to-titans-just.html?spref=tw

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd absolutely hate that. Taking on Haynesworths & McNabbs contract is just not worth it. Plus, Haynesworth probably only wanted to come back because of Wash - and he's gone.

I'd love the players, just not at their pay.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xpmar9x

To add on to that.. McNabb has a 5yr/70 mil contract, and up to $88.5 million in inncentives. Haynesworth has that 100mil contract, so whatever he has left on that.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd offer them a 7th for AH and settle on a 5th if need be but I'd just wait for them cut McNabb because no one will trade for that contract.

6. xpmar9x

Exactly. I could deal with AH and his contract, but not McNabb. Especially since we have Locker and he will be our future. Are we going to pay his backup 10+ mil per year? No way.

McNabb will get cut, noone will trade for him. If he's interested in the Titans he can sign with us and it will be MUCH cheaper this his current deal.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We could probably take on the rest of Haynesworth's contract, he's only due $5,400,000 this season. The bulk of his deal has already been paid out.

It's just a matter of do we want to deal with his attitude, Washburn is gone. Could Rocker reinvent him? IDK.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'd like both players but not for their contracts. Haynesworth would provide us with more size and depth in the middle. If JJones moves to DE he'd help solidify our line. McNabb is who I'd like to see as our veteran QB (or Hasselback) so I'd be happy there as well.

As far as taking on their contracts though...I'll pass.

9. xpmar9x

I was trying to find that. I remember seeing his deal was hefty up front and less towards the end, but couldn't find a source. Google failed me. Thanks for the info!

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Yeah, most of AH's contract has been paid out, I think he got a $21 million check last year. I think, if what you said that his contract is based on incentives is true, that would motivate him more than anything else would. Just look how he performed for us in the 2 years that were contract years. He dominated because he wanted to get paid. Plus he just didn't fit the 3-4 system in Washington. I think he's more comfortable in a 4-3. Just think of the line we'd have if we got him back: Morgan, AH, Brown/Casey, Jones. Pretty good!

I'm not sure what McNabb's contract situation is but if he came in as a starter, we'd have to pay him as a starter. We may be able to negotiate it down but $10 million for a starting QB isn't unheard of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar