Munchak: We want a veteran QB who can win now.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He played so he could get paid, but why can't he play just so he can rip guys apart? Me personally would be happy just earning my peers respect, money is nice, but it's not everything. Having teammates love you, and opponents hate you is important too. But all Fat Al cares about is fast cars he can't fit in, and boats he'll likely pull a Sean Kingston in. If he can't get back to a point where he's having fun simply playing, he should take his money and leave. I HATE watching guys underachieve!

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

All these Munch/Collins headlines make me believe Collins may have been his choice all along. Wouldn't that be a peach if Collins "retired" just so he could have legal contact with Munch - then "unretire" in a minute..

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think you're on to something. I thought the same thing, especially after hearing Coach Munchak say that he's gonna meet with him and see where he's at. Makes me think he's gonna try and talk him out of retirement for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VL7MWXY_Gc

4. JCBRAVE

Oh God no, Kerry better not come back. I just threw a party in his honor.

5. Big Time Titan

I really hope that Coach Munchak only brings KFC back to mentor Jake and Rusty. And play him only as a last resort. Because I don't like the idea of him coming back as starter, at all.

6. JCBRAVE

He's useless! It's not like when he comes in, so do the other teams scrubs.. He'll still be facing 1's even as a backup, and he's not capable anymore of playing with NFL players. He is by far worse the worst QB available to us, BY FAR!

Some fans just don't get it. He can prepare and practice like an All-Pro, but he doesn't play well. Everyone wants to praise him for his locker room stuff, and what he does on Wednesdays, but he's absolutely garbage come game day.

Kerry Collins should be considered only after Ken Dorsey says no to us.

7. Big Time Titan

Haha shout out Ken Dorsey!

8. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Kerry's most useful assest to the team right now are his knowledge of the previous offense and his experience.

In the off chance that Kerry does come back I think he would be the perfect QB mentor for Jake.

You don't draft a Jake Locker then start Kerry Collins; at least not for the long term.
    Kerry would at best be an early season placeholder that gives way to locker at or before mid-season.

9. Big Time Titan

JC's right, no doubt Kerry is a good locker room guy, does all the film-work and does good in practice but that's not gonna translate to wins on Sundays.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm just as anxious to see a different vet in TN as anyone but good grief, 4 or 5 games with Kerry under center until Locker can get a whiff of NFL level insight is certainly livable for the tradeoff in mentoring compounded with his knowledge of the Titans offense and division foes.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar