Murray & Henry Rushing Prediction - 2016

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Oilers27, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Based on Mularkey's suggestion, Murray will be the bell cow this year. I believe Henry will get his share of carries this year and will get more as the year goes on.

My early predictions:

Murray 1,100 yds 12tds

Henry 700 yds 8tds

Mariota 350 yds 3 tds

Andrews 200 yds 2 tds

Fowler 40 yds 2tds

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think those predictions are pretty spot on, maybe give Henry a little more

I'll also add that I predict Henry takes over by seasons end as the more favored RB

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Good numbers but I think optimistic too. Yards, I got no changes, maybe around 1K for Murray and 850 for Henry. For TD, I give 6 to Murray, 9 to Henry, 3 is good for Mariota, 1 for Andrews and Fowler. That gives the team 20 total rushing TD. I think 27 is high.

4. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Special Teams Standout

Only way Henry takes over in my opinion is if Murray gets injured. If anything, towards the middle of the season they'll start sharing the carries 50/50 due to Murray being worn out.

5. Black Mamba

Yup good numbers there. Except I think the TD count is a bit too high. Murray with 12 TD is super optimistic.

6. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Murray - 850 yds 8td

Henry - 785 yds 9td

Mariota - 425 yds 4td

Andrews - 180yds 3d

Fowler - 85yds 1td

Mine are not too dissimilar. I think Henry will get a lot of the close to the goal-line stuff a la Lendale ( though differing players ! ). Murray will get the work done to get it down there. I also don't trust Murray not to break down at least once.

7. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Yep, 12 is a little high for Murray depending if they will look to Henry or Andrews as the goal-line back to punch it in

8. JCBRAVE

I think theyre already looking to split the carries 50/50 TBH, you want to use a talent like Henry as much as possible. Murray is good because he knows the position as well as anyone, but at some point Henry will catch up knowing the playbook and be the better RB.

Now if Murray goes down with an injury he might as well kiss his job goodbye forever..

9. JCBRAVE

Im probably Andrews biggest supporter but you dont take Murray out for Andrews in any scenario..

I dont expect to see much of Andrews at all this year

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Black Mamba

Yeah, I thinks it's Murrays job to lose at this point. But if he keeps up what he did in the preseason I think they'll stick with him as the feature back based on being a vet and experience.

Also, no need to put extra miles on your future franchise RB if both of them are putting up the same YPC.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar