Murray & Henry Rushing Prediction - 2016

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Oilers27, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh yea Im all for using up Murray while hes still got gas in the tank. We're paying him ridiculous money, let him earn it...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Murray 1,200 yds 8 tds

Henry 800 yds 6 tds

Mariota 350 yds 3 tds

Andrews 200 yds 2 tds

Murray will be the 1 this year unless injury, next year it will reverse. Henry will explode next year, no stopping him.
    Totally agree with posts above.

3. WICK3DIST

WICK3DIST Starter

I expect them both to have good years, but even though Murray will be the bell cow this year, I expect Henry to get a majority of the goal line stuff. For 1 he is the bigger back, but it comes down to preserving Murray as well. Let's just say they make the playoffs, you wanna make sure they both have gas in the tank.
    Murray - 1100 yards - 5 TDs
    Henry - 600 yards - 7 TDS
    Andrews - 150 yards - 2 TDs
    Mariota - 250 yards - 4 TDs

Also, just a quick edit, even though this team is built to run, once your playing from behind the running game goes away. Unless you expect to have the lead every game at half time, we may see a lot more passing since we're down some points, and playing against the clock. With the way this team should be able to run, we MIGHT see a big year in the passing game as an effect of that.

4. JCBRAVE

FWIW bigger doesnt mean better goal line back, Devonte Freeman had more TD's and a higher average than Adrian Peterson inside the 10 yard line last year.. Its also about vision...

Murray is experienced, he can punch it in too..

5. WICK3DIST

WICK3DIST Starter

I agree that size doesn't make you a goal line back, I just mean that it's a common way that carries are split. Pounding henry up the middle on goal line carries will preserve Murray. Also, I kinda think Fowler will start getting a share on the goal line. Not sure how much though.

6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I agree in the fact that Henry will get his touches to relieve Murray. However he is not stealing carries away from Murray at the goal line. If Murray is good to go he isn't coming out in those situations. We have 3 backs all capable of punching it in at the goal line.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

We played the hot hand in the preseason, when Henry was running well on the first carry they really leaned on him. There was one drive that went 8 plays all to Henry, thats how we should play them. Whichever one marches us downfield should be rewarded with opportunities for TD's..

I dont like plugging in guys cold off the bench in scoring situations.

8. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Murray 1300 11Td 4.3ypc

Henry 700 6Td 4.8ypc

Mariota 300 2Td

Andrews 150 1TD 3.6ypc

Fowler 60 2Td 3.0ypc

I think Murray is going to be the feature back all season long if he stays healthy but I think Henry is going to be our most efficient runner.

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I don't see a universe where Murray goes over 1,000 and Henry goes over 700 with Andrews getting the amount of carries to get more than 50 yards.

If Andrews gets more than 100 yards, someone got hurt and I don't see them getting the amount that some of y'all are listing.

10. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

OK I can see Andrews predictions are inflated a bit..Say we cancke out his production entirely it wouldn't be hard for Murray to top 1000 yards and Henry at about 700

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar