Murray played with torn plantar plate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah over time mine subsided, but man early on, it was painful as all hell...like not able to run on it painful...

2. 24

24 Starter

Turf toe, probably complete tear. Sometimes needs surgery. Pain varies from patient to patient but athletes like him usually get shot up with toradol etc before the game. If he wasn't a professional athlete we'd probably treat with activity restriction walking boot etc

3. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

CJ1YRD would curl up in the fettle position as soon as someone would touch him and he had more negative yards than positive. And that was even when he wasn't hurt. Plus, CJ was a $53 million "playmaker", expectations go sky high when your paying a player that much money. Watching CJ once he got that contract was unbearable.

I can't really think of any negative yard plays with Murray or Henry this year.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

again he had a crap o line his last few years. which is partly why all of our replacements after him sucked. And he was playing with a torn meniscus on a team that had no chance to make the playoffs and didnt lay down. Thats way more impressive than murrary playing through a foot injury on a team that had a chance

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Completely agree. CJ would have run for another 2K with the oline Demarco had this year. That said though, I do like Murray.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

No way, Zeke Elliott (a better RB than CJ) ran for 1631 yds behind a better Oline than ours. No way CJ would get 300+ more than him.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Whether it was because he was tough or looking for additional bonus's, this makes me like Murray more....tough guy who I hope we keep around for awhile.

However, this is just another indication of Mularkey's ineptness IMO....we had a very good rookie RB waiting in the wings, and he was completely underutilized here (especially given Murray's condition). Who knows if it would have made a difference to our late season performance overall, but it just reinforces to me that Mularkey is going to hold this team back when we really start to improve.

8. TitansWillWin2

regardless I'm just pointing out the fact that yall praise murray for playing hurt but bash cj for it

9. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

CJ was a "ME first player", Murray seems to be more of a "TEAM first player".

#59 10ECTyrant, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  10. TitansWillWin2

lolz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar