Music Downloads?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PAtitansfan53, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I've been using Limewire for a while now and love it, It's not awsome but it gets all the songs I need so I like it..........But my parents being well.........moving on got some new security thing and I can't figure out how to get on Limewire since some firewall is blocking it. I've tried adding it to trusted sites and all that anybody know how to fix this or another site that will let me in and get past my dang firewall.

2. There's no sure answer. It all depends on how it is being blocked. A firewall could be blocking a specific program or simply the ports that it uses to access the internet. And it depends on what is acting as the firewall...

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Need the name of the firewall, and to know if the computer is behind a NAT/router.

There could be a port forwarding issue if that is the case.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Try to unblock it THROUGH Limewire, open it and go to the security settings, see if you can do it from there

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Are you running Window's XP with service pack 1 or 2?

If your running it with 2 go to Start , Control Panel , Security Center , now when that window pops up u'll see at the very bottom "Window's Firewall" click that. A new window will pop up. Now click on the "Exceptions" tab. Go down to add program and add Limewire. That should fix your problem.

If your running Vista then I dont know how to get into the Security Center.

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Which is why I ask "what firewall" because if it is a third party firewall, "Security Center" won't control it.

And if it requires a range of ports forwarded from a router, then there is more than just telling a firewall to permit a program to have 'net access.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

idk how I did it but I have my firewall up when Im dwnloading things off Limewire still, its nice

8. That would only make a difference if Windows' firewall is the only one present...

Plus, all versions of XP have a firewall built in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar