My 1st post & I hope it's seen as positive!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

As of right now ,we really have no perspective on how we'll perform this season.

This is my 1st post on the forum but its my 19th year as a Titan's/Oilers fan & in that time we've been in the play off''s more often than we've tanked.

Last year we sucked but in 04' we at least made it fun to watch. So I only see last season as being really bad.

Regardless of how Young have an may on affect this season I can still see us hitting .500 & scaring a few people on the the way.

Fisher will use our backfield potential to keep it simple and protect Volek. With good clock management and our maturing 'D' we should be able to rough some opponents up and keep games close.

If we fall behind we have nothing to lose by opening it up and making it a wild ride.

McNair was never going to get dropped but the truth is all he did since 03' was make receivers look bad.

Roll on 06'

2. The D is in Jim Schwartz capable hands now......................

I do see us going further than we did last year, 7-9 season would be good enough for me.

3. H Man

H Man Guest

Welcome onboard Childress79.

.500 would be nice, but we have a fairly brutal schedule this year.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We could have been 7-9 easily last year if the ball bounced our way a little.
    This year we don't have two rookie CBs, one who reported late and didn't get on track. We had an OLB and S who were far less than 100% last year and we are upgraded significantly at those positions. Fuller, a promising rookie in camp got hurt on the first play of the season so he could be a big contributer even if only on STs.
    Our running backs should be better if Henry can stay clean and healthy and White can contribute mostly on short yardage. Our WRs should be much improved with the addition of Givens, Calico being another year removed from his knee injuries and the rokies being in their 2nd year. TE should be very solid.
    The key will be the OL. Our offense will go as well as the OL goes.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Albert commented on the defense as reminding him of the D his rookie season - one where we finished in the Top 10

Billy knows he's gonna have to sling it to get a big FA contract

Chris realizes that his job is probably in jeapordy now

this could possibly be our best lineup at WR in a long time

Jeff and Floyd are both on the hot seat

there's lots of motivation to consider - I think everyone steps up
    If that happens 8-8 should be attainable

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Soxcat- I totally agree with you that our success depends on our OLINE. If the OLINE struggles then so will the offense. If the OLINE plays well then we could have a much more explosive offense than most people think. The offense being able to control the clock some will keep the defense off the field.

On the defensive side of the ball we just must stop the run better.

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I third that thought. Any additional thoughts people on our O-line's current incarnation. Better than last years plus Mawae minus Hopkins? The tackle position makes me nervous as all getup. Are we still going to be able to pickup additional line help this offseason? Might we see some legit affordable talent released from other squads soon and if so who? Welcome C79!

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Anyone is an upgrade at LT. Moving Roos to LT should noticable improve that spot. Pillar should be benched if his play does not improve. This will not happen as Fisher apparetnly does not bench OL for nonperformance. Loss of Hartwig is the same as the loss of Hopkins - a plus. Mawe, or anyone else, should be an improvement at C. RG same as LG. Looks like Bell or whoever will be camping for that spot. Possibly will not improve on Roos but I think Bell with his experience will make RT at least as good as a rookie Roos was last year.

Of course I could be wrong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar