My 360. Another one bites the dust. again...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by KTOWN TITAN, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Well its official. My 360 crapped out on me again. The first time was over a year ago. I got the basic red ring of death or rrod if you will. Sent it off and payed like 110 to get it fixed. I could live with that. No big deal. Today I was just playing some xbox and one of my games froze for no good reason. Thought it was just the game so I just booted back up. The game froze again. Something must be wrong with the game right? I switched to another game and played for a few minutes. The game freezes. I pop in another one and same thing. I put in a dvd and got the same result. I removed the HD, cleared caches, unplugged stuff and all the other crap they tell you to do on xbox.com. Nothing helped. To make matters worse I also got the "rings" a couple of times when I turned the 360 back on. Then my wireless controller wouldn't connect. I also tried to play a couple of arcade games and demos that just froze up. I think it is dead. That means my relationship with microsoft is dead as well. I will be getting my "coffin" in the mail in a couple days. The mentioned 360 will be repaired free of charge. Sweet. At that point it will be shipped back to my lil apartment here in Ktown. Then it will be swiftly taken to the nearest gamestop and traded for whatever they are offering. At that point I will proceed to purchase a PS3 and live happily ever after. Microsoft can bite me. If anyone is considering buying a xbox I can save you some time. Take the cash you are gonna put down on that bad boy. Go outside and place the money in your driveway. Soak the bills in some type of flammable liquid. Gas, kerosene, hairspray it doesn't matter. Then go ahead and throw a match on it. Sit back and watch it burn. As much of a waste of hard earned cash that is, buying a 360 would be worse.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

FWIW PS3 was 5th in console sales in US last year, behind DS, Wii, Xbox360 and PS2 - lol

PS2 outsold PS3 in 2007 in the US - lol

Xbox360 will have over 10m units sold by now as they were at 9.7m at the end of 2007. PS2 is over 40m - wow

Just saying is all. Figures from current Game Developer Magazine.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the $500 price tag had a lot to do with that.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ok, I'm going to throw out my usual response to this
    and it's not intended to be an apologist response

Congratulations,...... you are about to receive a new system
    that will come with a 3year RROD warranty
    chances are good that it will be the new chipset and HDMI unit
    which will mean a cooler running unit that is more stable
    which should mean a longer lasting product
    if you take it in to trade, you'll only be shortchanging yourself

personally, I would check a few things first
    most notably the output and the manufacture codes on the serial stamp
    look up these to see what unit you have received

--- if MS serves you a new Falcon, I would keep it
    if they simply repair your old one, trade it in

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

PS3 has sold 10.5 million units.

PS3 has been consistently outselling the 360 worldwide (except the USA) for a while now and will sell more now that Blu Ray won the 'format war'.

And PS3 outsold 360 Worldwide (believe it or not, the USA isn't the world) last year.

PS2 outsold all of them.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how'd the Wii do ?

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Yeah, I have had a lot of time to think about making the switch when I get back, but hell, I might as well get a PS3 to add to my video game collection.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I recommend any serious gamers or home entertainment fans to purchase a PS3. It just makes more sense to those who want the whole package than the 360 at this point, between Blu-Ray and Home coming soon. I think the 360 is fine, but with the new price drop, it just seems more logical advice to me.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ right
    I recommend any serious gamer to have both
    if you're short on funds, just google "free_____" and complete a program
    I think I have less than $200 invested in both

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar