My 5 DE's

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Of the top 10 DE's in this years draft, only 5 come off as good enough to be on my favorite team.

The 5 guys I'd hope we don't draft are:
    1.) Quinton Coples North Carolina
    2.) Vinny Curry Marshall
    3.) Jared Crick Nebraska
    4.) Whitney Mercilus Illinois
    5.) Tyrone Crawford Boise State

Now for the football players I approve of:
    1.) Nick Perry USC
    2.) Shea Mcclellin Boise State
    3.) Courtney Upshaw Alabama
    4.) Andre Branch Clemson
    5.) Chandler Jones Syracuse

Thoughts?

*DISCLAIMER: I base everything off on-the-field-play. Workout warriors and good students mean nothing here.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If you're basing everything of on-the-field-play, then Vinny Curry should be in your players you approve of.

• High Five High Five x 8
  3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Curry just needs some solid coaching. He's a beast.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. gran54

gran54 Starter

Agreed, I agree with just about everything JC. Other than Curry and I'm still on the fence with Mercilus.

5. JCBRAVE

He's got Coples syndrome. Could be great if he wanted to, but likes to jog.

And on-the-field-play does not mean production.

I personally like players who go nuts when the ball snaps, the crazier the better.

Vinny Curry has some Michael Griffin in him.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Everything I've seen and heard about Curry shows he has a relentless motor. He did awesome at the Senior Bowl and in all the videos I've watched of him, I've not really seen any plays that he takes off or doesn't go hard.

I actually wouldn't mind if they took him in the 1st. I think he's the 3rd best DE in the draft behind Coples and Ingram.

7. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

What? Vinny Curry has probably the best motor of all the defensive ends this year. How can you say you like guys who go nuts when the ball is snapped and turn around and like Andre branch but not curry? Branch has some some I'm just content to coast for a little and then he will turn it on a few plays and coast again. More ability than curry but no where near the effort.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I've gotten on board with Mercilus. He is a high motor guy, and just looks the part. I think he could be a good one.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm on the Mercilus boat as well. I think he or Kirkpatrick will be the pick at 20.

10. JCBRAVE

Can somebody point out the games I obviously missed where Vinny Curry is flying around? Cause he looks extra slow on tape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar