My 5 DE's

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mercilus is considered more of a 3-4 OLB. We want a 260 lb guy who can be stout at the point of attack. That's where the film comes in.

In no way should we reach for any DE since we are paying one guy $7M a year, have another first rd pick and signed Ball again. If they think a guy can really be a special pass rusher then get him.

I'm thinking that Branch is the guy i like the most of that group. I'm worried about Upshaw's height and the fact he is used to playing in a 3-4 scheme.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Robert Quinn from last year is the guy to use for comparison. We want a comparable prospect to him with that 20th pick.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

To be honest I'm only in love with Perry, Mcclellin, and Upshaw. It was hard for me to include Andre Branch and Chandler Jones, but my "My 5 Guys" theme would be hurt if I left it at 3.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm off the DE in 1st round wagon.

I feel like we just spent good money on Wimbley, we have Morgan (who will finally be healthy), Ball (who's servicable), and Douzable - plus Ayers in certain sets. We have a solid 4 man rotation. Key word is solid... the DEs aren't amazing by any mean but they get the job done. Morgan and Wimbley (in a 43 scheme) have a chance to put up some #s. I feel like if we can add one more pass rusher 2nd-4th round we'll be set.

Go DT first, solidfy the interior with Casey & Klug. Get rid of our trash Sen'Derrick.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

I dont see any pure DE's. Why? I think Coples and Mercilus are very worthy prospects. You shouldnt under value a guy just because he is labelled as a "one year wonder". If he produces even half of what he did this year he will be in consideration to be an all pro.

Coples I can understand to an extent but I dont think any athlete just gives up like people are saying he does. I think he will come out with a purpose and prove many people wrong this year. Once he excels and sees that he can, he should continue to do so. The only worry I have is that hes not as good as people say he is. I think whoever drafts him will get the dominant player he displayed in the Senior Bowl.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am not worried about his height. Plenty of successful defensive ends come out at his height at 6-1. A guy as short, heavy, and as athletic as he is will provide a special type of player for who ever drafts him. I don't think he will fall anywhere near 20 but I do agree he may not be best suited for us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

I think Ball is more than "serviceable" and that if hes given a chance he could be good. Unfortuneately, it looks like our coaching staff is going to hold him back this year.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We don't need to count on Ball as a full time end, even though he could probably do it. Guy is just a concussion away from retirement and will greatly benefit health wise if he rotates consistently.

9. JCBRAVE

There's some quality pass rushers, but like you said not many pure DE's, lots of hybrid types.

And watch Copels get punched in the head by a NFL Tackle and slow down even more. Do not want that guy. He's living off Julius Peppers success at NC.

10. JCBRAVE

Ball is in now way capable of being a full-time DE. He's only average, and with his concussion history, we'd end up getting him killed playing him 600 plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar