My 5 DE's

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How many really successful 4-3 Des are only 6'1? Dwight Freeney doesn't count either Freeney ran a 4.5 40 coming out and Upshaw is not that fast. Freeney is a freak and not somebody you compare.

Upshaw will be fine standing up in a 3-4 but i have concerns about a 6'1 guy going across from a 6'5 325 lb guy every down.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Agreed

I was honestly very surprised he came back. I was fully expecting him to retire.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would be absolutely sick to my stomach to see the Ravens or the Steelers with Andre Branch starting at OLB. Sick! They are going to have a shot at some of these guys late in the first rd and the Packers are also interested in one but Branch is the best of the group.

Branch is a comparable prospect to Robert Quinn last year. His stats were almost as good as Quinn and Morgan playing with less help. Quinn had Coples on the other side.

If we are going to go that route and get a pass rusher i think he is the guy with the natural ability who would also benefit from nfl coaching and strength training. He is tall and a solid 260 lbs and played in a 4-3 at clemson.

Perry had the best workouts but Branch is the best DE we can get with the 20th pick.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

At this point, I think we would be better suited taking a LB or S more than a DE. Preferably hightower or Barron. Add Mike Martin in the second to solidify the interior. A Center in the 3rd and a serviceable DE in the 4th. Both those will be positions of need next year and both could easily start this year.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would not be against taking LB or safety. It may not fill a need this year but we will probably have holes there next year.

It would be nice taking an end in the second, like what we see and having LB or S already filled going into the following season.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't disagree with your basic point but if they think a guy can be a real impact player in this league you have to take him. There are a lot of good DT prospects to choose from but a first rate pass rusher from the outside would make more difference the way the league is now. You can get a good DT prospect in other rounds but if we pass on a guy like Andre Branch at 20 the steelers, ravens or packers snap him up and nobody like that will be their again.

Branch could be another Jevon Kearse for us. There is no John Henderson or Albert Haynesworth type guy that will be there at 20.

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I'll be sick if the Stealers or Jailbirds draft Dont'a Hightower... perfect fit for their schemes and style of play and awesome value at the pick

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Michael Brockers disagrees. The guy could be an elite force... on the other hand he could be a huge bust.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm still waiting for this proof that Vinny Curry is half good.......

Actually that's exactly what he is, half good. As in, he's only good when he wants to be.

I wish he gave his all more often so I could like him, he's got ability, but just not enough for me to get behind drafting 1 or 2.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GpF1_AxLUM"]Vinny Curry vs West Virginia 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SULPyMJdd8"]Vinny Curry vs FIU "Beef O' Brady Bowl" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7KM3SddVuQ&feature=related"]VINNY CURRY GOES BEAST MODE IN SENIOR BOWL!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar