My 5 DT's

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Of the top 10 DT's in this years draft, only 5 come off as good enough to be on my favorite team.

The 5 guys I'd hope we don't draft are:
    1.) Dontari Poe Memphis
    2.) Kendall Reyes Connecticut
    3.) Mike Martin Michigan
    4.) Alameda Ta'amu Washington
    5.) Josh Chapman Alabama

Now for the football players I approve of:
    1.) Michael Brockers LSU
    2.) Fletcher Cox Mississippi State
    3.) Jerel Worthy Michigan State
    4.) Brandon Thompson Clemson
    5.) Devon Still Penn St

Thoughts?

*DISCLAIMER: I base everything off on-the-field-play. Workout warriors and good students mean nothing here.

2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I think we can get a solid DT in the second. And a couple of your approved can still be around when we pick 2nd.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Why wouldn't you want Mike Martin? I can see your argument if you are just basing it solely on round 1 and 2, but I see no reason to not want him in the 3rd and beyond.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think hes better suited as a NT and not a DT

Hes a fine player otherwise
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I don't think that's the case at all. He didn't produce giant numbers as a NT at Michigan because he doesn't beat the double team. He isn't a mammoth body type to hold the point of attack as well either. What he does do extremely well is beat one on one linemen and also has a decent knack for finding and closing the hole and run stopping.

In the NFL, he is a bigger more durable klug. Playing the under tackle position in a good defensive front will make him look like a monster. Especially if the oline has to start deciding who to double. He is a matchup problem in the right scheme.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

NO to POE!!!

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't see a problem with Martin in the 2nd/3rd. I don't know a whole lot about Reyes so I won't comment on him. I do agree about the others.

8. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

Most of your 5 worst DT's are 3-4 guys anyway, so I agree (but I love Martin's motor). I completely agree with your top 5, but I would rank Still higher and Thompson lower.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Still is my favorite DT and will probably be there at 20. Just depends on who else falls.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. gran54

gran54 Starter

Not a Brockers fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar