My bet is this guy is jobless by now...............

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can't beleive what I just read, jeez, with a sport dominated by 70% of blacks, you woulda thought that racisim would be a thing of the past...

2. TheMugwump

TheMugwump Guest

If his writing is any indication, that loser hasn't the brains to talk about other peoples' intelligence.

If he was trying to use the first half of the article as a 'hook', then not only is his writing woefully short of the mark, but his judgement is worse. Stupid choice of subjects, stupid attempt at style, stupid premise.

Just plain stupid.

I'm picturing him trying to turn on his computer, and it looks a lot like a scene in Zoolander. :ha:

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Saying racist remarks to make a point about how you're not racist for criticizing a black athlete is contributing to racism, not the opposite. As long as people play the race card (for whatever reason), then it's hurting us all rather than helping.

Gut

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Satire is lost on some people. The average person will read that and just not comprehend what point the writer was trying to make. Several on this thread "got it", but I suppose some only read the original post and not the replies. Oh well......

5. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

What is lost in our subconscient is the though of a single measurable skill called "intelligence". That was lost way beyond IQ tests, craneology, or other "scientific" ways to "rate" intelligence... like running a football offense that this guy has just come out with.

I know the guy wanted to state that today is hard to critizise a black qb without being showed the race card. I might agree with him (I dont know, Im a spaniard and we dont talk the subject much) or might not.

But he says:

"I want to go on record as stating that I firmly believe that Vick is dumb as an onion, but that it has nothing to do with his skin color. It has everything to do with six years of experience and not getting better at his job"

Ok, so hes not a racist. Good, I havent called him that. I can only say... why do you come up that Vick is "dumb as an onion" by not being able to run an offense succesfully??? (you can take Vick names and change it with Plummer, im not making a racial point here)

Why on earth does he judge someones intelligence with his achievements on the field (which also involve other players action, by the way, and canĀ“t be compared).

"Stewart and Cunningham just made poor decisions and McNair, he seems to struggle with polysyllabic expression altogether. So that makes me a racist?"

"...Plummer is an absolute moron."

"Because I never thought Dan Marino was all that bright. Sure he was fine in the regular season but when crunch time came, and one needs that intellectual 2nd gear, Marino was just grinding. Jim Kelly, was another perfect example of a guy who had one brain speed, and couldn't shift up come January. "

"Vick sucks because he's an intellectually limited guy in the one position where it kills you, not because he's black. Peyton Manning sucks because he's a choker, not because he's white. That's it, that's all."

I woulnt say Peyton is intellectually "furnished" if he had won 3,4 or all Superbowls. You get me now?

I think he can be smart enough to bring that argument up in other ways, not just by saying tha there are also stupid white qbs, therefore he has the right to critizised black qbs by his intelligence without being called a racist.

I totally agree with him with the point he tries to make. But have to disagree with the way he does. And labelling people as stupid (what he does) is to me as bad as considering other races different than mine inferior (being a racist). You shouldnt be called a racist because of that. Now, you should also NOT call stupid a QB (whatever the colour) because of his achivements on the field.

Einstein wouldnt do better neither.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar