My boy runs a 4.38 40

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RyansTitans, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

be terribly disappointed, but hope it all works out. pretty much the same approach i had with woolfolk....

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

He is explosive! But the thing I hate is if you look at the video the majortiy of his highlights come from special teams and not playing receiver. Alot of those offensive plays were the result of bad D

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Excellent point. The greatest receiver the game has ever known, Jerry Rice, ran a blistering 4.59. He managed to do OK.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This whole argument is some what ridulous IMO. Ginn's times were not terrible and if he was slowed at all by the injury they were pretty good.

It is also obvious Ginn is what he is. An explosive return man who can occasionally break away on a pass play. He is not a great WR overall. He might be a better version of Peter Warrick and he will not be getting drafted early in the first round IMO but could easily be drafted somewhere in the first.

Comparisons to CJ are meaningless. CJ is one of the best WRs to come out of the draft in the history of the draft. The closest thing would have been Randy Moss who if Moss had gone to a prime time school and had CJ's character he also would have been a top 5 pick.

We can get our panties in a wad about these 40 times but I bet the scouts have not changed their view of Ginn, one way or the other. He is what he is and for a team really needing a dynamic return guy who can play some 3 WR he could be a good pickup.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I refuse to believe Ginn wont be a good reciever in the NFL.

Im just going to have to wait and see I guess.

Wait.. let me rephrase that. WE will have to wait and see.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The problem is, does Ginn fit into our system? The only "can't miss" receiver out there for us would be CJ, because he will go up and fight for the ball. VY hasn't been very accurate on long balls, and I don't see Ginn helping us in that area. ESPN is also saying Steve Smith of USC may be a better pick than Jarrett.

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Well. This is something we can all agree upon. This years draft is extremly deep at receiver and you could get a playmaker in pretty much any round through 1-3

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

4.38 (and that was his best time) isn't that great for a guy that many predicted would hit 4.3 or a little less. Yes, he was injured but give me a break. He wouldn't have ran at all if he was only 70% like some of the reports said. Why would he hurt his stock when all of the scouts were already sure he could run, at the very least, 4.38? Besides that, this injury was three months ago. If he is still feeling the effects of a sprained foot from three months before, that is a much larger concern than a few hundredths of a second on his 40 time imo. Speed doesn't do anyone any good on the bench.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The injury concerns me as well. His Dad was the one quoted as saying he was 70-80% healthy. His Dad also said he is several weeks to up to 3 months away from being 100%. Severe foot sprains like the Lis Franc injury can take that long to recover and can also be career threatening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar