My boy runs a 4.38 40

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RyansTitans, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Id like to see some of you sprain your foot really bad then run a 40 y/d 3 months later and still produce a very nice time.

2. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

The slow healing time and just general lack of toughness is exactly the problem that teams are having with Ginn. As several people have said, no one doubts that Ginn is fast. Todd McShay on espn.com said

"As always, it's important to put these workouts in perspective. It doesn't take much game-tape to diagnose Ginn Jr. as one of the fastest players in the class when he's 100-percent healthy. On the flipside, it doesn't take much time in the film room to recognize his weaknesses as a receiver, which includes inconsistent focus, poor route-running skills and a general lack of toughness. With that in mind, Wednesday's workout in Columbus could not have done much to sway scouts' opinions one way or the other. Still, it's safe to say Ginn was underwhelming."

I think the guy is going to have his moments in the NFL, but there are plenty of fast guys who just haven't made any impact in the NFL. In the '70's there were several teams who just went out and signed pure track stars. These were guys who were flat out some of fastest runners in the world, none of them did a thing in the NFL. Whenever I hear people say that Ginn is just so fast and explosive that there is no way he won't be at least a decent NFL player, I always like to throw out John Capel, a former Florida Gator football player. The guy ran the fastest time in the world going into the Sydney olympics, won every heat all the way up to the finals when he dq'd because of two false starts. Anyway, the guy played football his entire life. Was a highly regarded recruit when he came to UF. He was also significantly faster than Ginn (no arguments on this please... Ginn has never run a sub 10 second 100 meter), yet he had what I see are the same problems Ginn has... poor route running, inconsistent hands, and a lack of toughness. Capel quit football to focus on track, also because he was just never that good at it. Ginn is obviously a better football player than Capel was, I just don't see that Ginn is worth the hype. And I don't think that long term he will be a worthwhile 1st round pick. However, as you said Ryans, no one will no for sure for at least a few years.

3. this is a completely pointless topic right now, everyone knows that ginn is head and shoulders above everyone in the speed department, just look at the tapes and u see it, doesnt take a genious to kno that hes faster than calvin johnson

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I think Ginn will be a lot like Dante Hall, he'll be a very good returner but nothing more than a good #3 WR

5. If the titans decide to draft Ginn, then of course I'll cheer for Ginn, just like every other player they've picked...

I'd draft Meachem, and Jarrett over Ginn, because Ginn is a guy that catches a 70 yard reception for a TD every once in a while and return kicks well, not a #19 pick in my opinion...

Not that I'm saying he won't do well, he's playmaker, and that's what he'll do in the NFL...

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The point is there simply should not be an argument between Ginn and a guy like Meachum or Bowe as an every down WR IMO. Ginn is simply not a #1 WR. Culd he turn into one, maybe but IMO all these guys are a maybe either way. However, a team needing a dynamic return guy who can be their #3 WR might think his value is worth a mid to late 1st round pick. That could be us.
    I would not expect Ginn to be the next Jerry Rice but if he could put up Bobby Wade numbers and also be a dynamic kick returner he would be worth the #19 pick IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar