My Dearest.... Mariota,

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by XO, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

[​IMG]

***The following is for the eyes of Brigadier General Marcus Mariota. It is to be sealed and hand delivered to him in Fort Nashville behind enemy lines. The fate of the entire war might hang on the words written on this parchment***

My dearest companion Brigadier General Marcus Mariota,

First I must insist that this correspondence only be read by your own eyes. It would surely be treasonous for me to personally write to such a prominent warrior of the south. If this letter found its way into Union hands I will no doubt find myself standing before one of General Grant's firing squads.

I am writing to inform you that I was relieved of my duties as the General of the Philadelphia Union forces. President Lincoln himself sent a sealed letter notifying me of my immediate dismissal. I must admit when I accepted the position in Philadelphia I was confident that I would be the key to turning the tide of the war in our favor.

It now has come to light that I was wrong. My men departed from me in battle and they no longer would fight for me. I find myself distressed over this fact as I sit by the fire writing this letter. What was my error?

Marcus do you recall our days fighting out west in the wilds of the Oregon territory before we both found ourselves dragged into this miserable war? You were nothing more than a boy when I found you on the savage isles of Hawaii far across the Pacific Ocean. I brought you back with me to the Oregon Territories and together we built a unit feared across all of the western lands.

I then left you behind when duty called me to Philadelphia. You continued to flourish under Commander Helfrich after my departure and we would hear tales of your exploits all the way in Pennsylvania.

I want you to know that when the time came for you to join a side in this war that I requested you to be assigned to my unit in Philadelphia. As the Lord is my witness I tried everything I could but the armies of Tennessee saw the same magnificent traits in you that I had always known and they went to Oregon to find you before I ever could.

You have surely flourished in Nashville though. When I hear of your exploits on the field if battle I swell with pride as I remember when I found you as a small savage island boy. You knew nothing of battle and the hardships of war. Now your name is becoming legendary across the lands and as I realize this war has been brutal for you and your men in Tennessee but I know within my soul that you will eventually prevail.

Now I find myself at a crossroads young Marcus. I have made it known that I am willing to defect to another army. I am even willing to relinquish some of my command if necessary to get back in this fight.

What if, my dear Marcus, I could get to Fort Nashville? We could start again dear boy brand new, recreate the overwhelming offensive force that we used to dominate the savages in the western territories. Take these ideas to your commanding officers, tell them I will defect to the south immediately if they are willing to let me be your commander again. The knowledge of a Union General from Philadelphia would no doubt be invaluable to the southern cause.

Let us recreate the dominant force that we once were. Your unit is on the brink of disaster, your commanding officers are fleeing their responsibilities as the battles grow more hopeless. I understand that Mr. Webster is to be relieved of his duties shorty and will be following your former General Whisenhunt to irrelevancy.
    This uninspiring commander named Mularkey has to be a poorly scripted joke. I can change this Marcus, I can make Tennessee a force to be reckoned with in this war again.
    Nobody would dare march on Nashville with I commanding you on the field.

In closing know that I am your friend. I only want to see you find glory on the field of battle and I believe with every ounce of my being that I can push you and the armies of Tennessee futher than ever before.
    Together we could march on Boston, Pittsburgh, New York and the District of Columbia. We could even retake the Carolinas from the runaway slave and thief turned soldier Cameron Newton.

I know that you realize in your heart that this is best, that we are what is best for Tennessee. Send word of your decision before the next full moon rises.

Signed,

Former Union General Chip Kelly

Philadelphia, PA

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

can we get the cliff notes on this?

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

dear chip,

ead and stay away from Nashville

p.s. I secretly hated you, only went to Oregon for the hippie chica

signed,

Marcus mariota

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Didn't you do one of theses before?

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

several

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. XO

XO Nevada Native

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

that was very heartfelt.

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

About as lame as the title suggested it would be.

3/10

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  9. XO

XO Nevada Native

1 ≠ Several

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 5
  10. JCBRAVE

How is it you have more pictures of me then my own mother?

• LOL LOL x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar