My draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Gunny, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

QB - Drew Brees, Vince Young (last pick)
    RB - Frank Gore, Michael Turner, Rudi Johnson
    WR - Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Roddy White, Donald Driver, Hines Ward, Bryant Johnson
    TE - Alge Crumpler
    K - Adam Vinatieri
    DEF - Tennessee, Jacksonville

Running back is a little dependant on Turner being what he is hoped to be and Rudi Johnson returning from injury. I can drop a WR (who isn't performing, most likely Bryant Johnson to get my TE/K when needed).

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Very good team but I do not like Johnson at all. And I think Vinateri is about done.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

which johnson? lol.

Good thing about kickers is there are plenty out there who are good if Vinatieri sucks.

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Rudi. He's old, and IMO washed up.

Very true.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't like Gore. RB's don't do well in Martz's system. Trade for a RB.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Drew Brees is a beast, Frank Gore will be filthy in Mike Martz scheme, he may get 1000 catching and russing. 2 of the top 10 WR, great TE, great kicker who will get a lot of points. And the d is also great. I think Turner is over rated and hopefully Rudi Johnson can stay healthy.

7. The Playmaker

Drew Brees actually threw the ball more than Brady. That's a little scary.

8. The Playmaker

Marshall Faulk got to 1,000 rec. yards once in his career. It was barely over in '99. I don't think Gore will.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the rams had more weapons around faulk in '99. all the 49ers have is gore, if i were martz, i'd be getting him the ball any way i could.

10. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

So far I have
    Peyton Manning
    T.O.
    Antonio Gates

I really need a RB for my next pick. Michael Turner, Willie Parker, Ronnie Brown, Brandon Jacobs, Fred Taylor, Darren McFadden, Felix Jones,... are left

On my next pick (6 away, but only one guy needs a RB) I think I am going to take Turner. Parker has to split carries with Mendenhall, Brown will not heal from his injury for a while, Jacobs has 2 backups creepin on him (plus i think they're cursed), Taylor is good but i don't think he'll be that good, McFadden is overrated, and I want to pick up Jones later.

But I could also take a WR. There's still Boldin, S Holmes, R Williams, M Harrison, Jennings, L Evans, Cal Johnson,....

What does everyone think? And also what do you think of my team so far? Was taking Manning so early a bad idea? I pick 11th out of 14 so keep that in mind. Our league is points per catch too so think about that when looking at RBs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar