my dream mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by talldrinko, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Addai might not make it past the Colts and if he were to fall to the Titans I certainly could see us taking him. Brown might not be back next year and Henry is a ? mark.

Addai might be a very good value and a long term solution at RB.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I don't really think RB is a big area of need, but if the Titans pick up Young in the first and then steal Maroney in the second I'd be a happy camper.:banana:

3. ur right on the vince young part, idk about maroney ive never seen him play does anyone have a link of a video for him or anything

4. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Henry Is solid & Brown is explosive (when not injured, which last for about 3 wks a season) but In my mind I've thought we had the best of both worlds with a straight ahead fight tooth & nail for the yards runner & a stand up guy like chirs brown who can explode and duck defenders, Unfortunatly with suspesions and injurys we haven't see much lately.Another thing to take into consideration is our O line. Don't expect guys to blow through holes when they're not opening up.We need to see our O line protection and run blocks come together better then they have been no matter who's running or throwing the football...

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Unless the FO is really sold on a RB and thinks that we get one way above value, we'll ignore it. We're ok with RB for at least this year, with options to keep whichever back performs better. I hope we'll look to Oline with round two...

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

The reason we didn't use a MLB a lot was because Kassell couldn't cover. Jackson is very good in coverage and will be able to play on passing downs. If LenDale or Maroney falls, we take them no question. I don't much about Addai, so I can't say. We do need to find a way back into the third to get a RT.

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

He came cheap $$$$$. If he can get back what he had in Buffalo, we've made a pretty good deal. But that "IF" is a strong word.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

These backs won't fall to us in the 2nd. They will look to trade back up into the first round for either Williams or Maroney or Addai. They will try to keep one of these backs from going to the Colts. Of course the Colts could consider LB instead in the first, but I think if Maroney or Addai was going to them, I think they'd take them.

9. im not so sure that the colts will take lb first, they lost a big part of their offense by the edge going to arizona, so i think they would want to get that part back with another big time running back, because edge was so effective

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

They said they would be okay with Dominic Rhodes if it came to it, because he was good at pass protection and could run and catch. Now whether you believe that or not...

But they did lose Thornton to us, and many in the Colts camp say that is a very big loss. Based on the depth, it would make more sense to do LB in round two, but you never know.

I would love to trade up and take a RB ahead of them, possibly by getting one of Denver's first round picks. Hopefully all the RBs would be gone when the Colts pick in the first.

I can see the headlines now: "Titans screw Colts...twice."

Once for the RB, once for Thornton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar