My First Crack at A Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by FightinTitan, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

This is my first attempt at a 1st round Mock. Several things could change if more players come out.

1st Round
    1) Raiders - JaMarcus Russell
    2) Lions - Joe Thomas
    3) Browns - Brady Quinn
    4) Buccaneers - Calvin Johnson
    5) Cardinals - Gaines Adams
    6) Redskins - Jamaal Anderson
    7) Vikings - Adrian Peterson
    8) Texans - Marshawn Lynch
    9) Dolphins - Glenn Dorsey
    10) Falcons - Alan Branch
    11) 49er's - Dwayne Jarrett
    12) Bills - Darrell Revis
    13) Rams - LaRon Landry
    14) Panthers - Quentin Moses
    15) Steelers - LaMarr Woodley
    16) Packers - Brian Brohm
    17) Jacksonvillle - Leon Hall
    18) Bengals - Adam Carricker
    19) Titans - Robert Meachem
    20) Giants - Damyeon Hughes
    21) Broncos - Marcus McCauley
    22) Cowboys - DeMarcus Tyler
    23) Chiefs - Sidney Rice
    24) Patriots - Anthony Spencer
    25) Jets - Amobli Okoye
    26) Saints - Paul Poslunszy
    27) Eagles - Reggie Nelson
    28) Patriots - Antoine Cason
    29) Colts - Patrick Willis
    30) Bears - Greg Olsen
    31) Ravens - Michael Bush
    32) Chargers - Dwayne Bowe

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

you got some shockers in the middle there............but every yr there are surprises.............I still think some of the guys folks are touing as lock round selections are going to fall awfully hard come draft day...........and Dwayne Jarrett is the one guy who is think is going to be very sorry.

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Jarrett's 4.57 forty time is going to scare some teams away. He will make a nice red zone scoring target for some team.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Pretty cool. As for our pick, I think I'd rather have some of the D guys available there.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

1) Raiders - JaMarcus Russell
    2) Lions - Joe Thomas
    3) Browns - Brady Quinn
    4) Buccaneers - Calvin Johnson
    5) Cardinals - Gaines Adams
    6) Redskins - Jamaal Anderson
    7) Vikings - Brian Brohm
    8) Texans - Adrian Peterson
    9) Dolphins - Glenn Dorsey
    10) Falcons - Alan Branch
    11) 49er's - Jeff Samardjia
    12) Bills - Darrell Revis
    13) Rams - LaRon Landry
    14) Panthers - Quentin Moses
    15) Steelers - LaMarr Woodley
    16) Packers - Chris Leak
    17) Jacksonvillle - Leon Hall
    18) Bengals - Reggie Nelson
    19) Titans - Dwyane Jarrett
    20) Giants - Damyeon Hughes
    21) Broncos - Marcus McCauley
    22) Cowboys - Antoine Cason
    23) Chiefs - Anthony Spencer
    24) Patriots - Sidney Rice
    25) Jets - Amobli Okoye
    26) Saints - Paul Poslunszy
    27) Eagles - Adam Carricker
    28) Patriots - DeMarcus Tyler
    29) Colts - Patrick Willis
    30) Bears - Greg Olsen
    31) Ravens - Michael Bush
    32) Chargers - Dwayne Bowe

6. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

if we got Meachem and passed on nelson and willis id feel a lil sick about it. at first i was for a wr in the 1st rd, but i have been thinking that the defense should come first this year. also with so many wr's out this yr i think we could wait and get a solid one in the 2nd or 3rd. id like woodley or nelson. some stud impact players on D is what we need.

7. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Is Willis or Nelson going to make VY better or mor dangerous? No.

The Titans counted on VY and Adam Jones to provide almost all big plays this past season. You can not count on them making big plays every game. Without more play makers, this team may never get any better than they already aare.

The Titans have waited until later rounds to draft their WRs during the Floyd Reese years...look and see how many play makers the Titans produced during that time. Derrick Mason turned out nice for a 4th round pick, but over the long haul, the Titans have spent countless picks on corner backs and other wasted early picks that did not produce any play makers.

The Titans will likely use theiir available cap money to shore up many spots, but their are not many if any play making guys avilable. Thats why we will have to use the draft to get them and that usually means drafting them early when they are available.

8. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

i agree that vy needs play makers and i agree they always wait on wr's in the later rounds. but the defense needs to shut teams down unlike last year or else vy isnt gonna see the field as much as he needs to. the only way we should take a wr in the 1st is if ginn or jarrett is there. cause u know johnson wont be. if neither of those 2 are there i say wait on wr's and draft defense like nelson. i say brandon jones is becoming a vy's play maker because game after game he showed signs of how good he could be with some big time cathes. plus if u have a good D they will create turnovers and give the ball back to vy.

9. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Ginn does not provide value for the Titans. Jarrett I like a lot, but defense must be solved first. Those who are wringing their hands about the lack of playmakers available in FA, remember 2 things: 1) guys currently under contract will be cut, and many of them will have talent, and 2) the Titans also have need for solid players and depth equal to if not exceeding their need for playmakers. There are always guys in FA who can fill that need if you know what to look for. Teams like the Redskins dont know what to look for. Teams like the Pats do.

10. if we were to take a wr it will be ginn or jarrett, but i really think that we need to go with reggie nelson if he is there, and maybe get robert meachem in the second round

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar