My First Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by TheSureThing, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I do a few leagues every year. A Random 10 team League I just join on ESPN.com with people I don't know, live draft, standard rules. My Family league, standard rules, 10 teams, private invite only. A forum league, I thought I was doing one here but I still haven't been invited. So tonight I had my first league, the random leagues live draft, heres my team:

Washington Memorials Roster

QB- Vince Young
    RB- Adrian Peterson
    RB- Maurice Jones Drew
    RB/WR- Devin Hester
    WR- Terrell Owens
    WR- Steve Smith
    TE- Antonio Gates
    D/ST- Titans
    K- Rob Bironas
    BE- Julius Jones
    BE-Roy Williams
    BE-Benjamin Watson
    BE-Jeff Garcia
    BE-Chris Chambers
    BE-Benard Berrian
    BE- Tatum Bell

What do you guys think? I feel I have the weapons in Hester, Jones Drew, and Young. A solid receiving core in Smith, Owens, Williams, and Chambers with Berrian to top it off. Runningback is my only concern, It seemed like all the guys I wanted went a few picks ahead of me so I had to go elsewhere. Peterson is obviously going to have to pull my weight, and I'm hoping a mixture of Jones Drew and Julius Jones will do alright.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Good draft, except the QB. Yours is a lot like my first one.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I'm not big on MJD, and I don't understand Hester. KRs usually don't do well at WR. I'd worry about QB as well.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

start roy williams over hester

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I would start Roy over hester as well, but I would keep hester just in case he blows up, like he may.

6. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

start roy over hester as stated.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't like your quarterbacks very much. If Garrard, Campbell, Leinart, Pennington, O'Sullivan, and Cutler are available, I'd go with one of those over Young or Garcia. Neither throw many TD passes. I'd also dump Tatum Bell, you could easily get someone better. I think Lamont Jordan might be a big time sleeper this year.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I really like Jason Campell this season. The redskins offense is almost just like what he played in Auburn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar