my first post! Titans thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by zackmann, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackmann

zackmann Guest

Well, after lurking here for a while, I thought I should finally post something now that my beloved Grizzlies are done...

On McNair, I hate to see him go, but the 23 million cap number is a deal breaker. I agree we hold out as long as possible. Then at the 11th hour we agree to a 5th round draft choice.

With McNairs money we need to sign our rookies and then sign Ty Law and an offensive lineman (if money allows). I would start Law over Hill.

We need to give Vince Young what he wants and get him in camp on time. This is one of the most important moves to be made.

I would go with Volek, Young, and Mauck as our QB's. No need to get Collins or someone else. I would also play Young if Volek looks bad after the first couple of games.

On our new improved D, I love it. I love it that KVB is here to stay. I love the Thorton and Hope signings. I would start the NC St rookie at middle backer, not Sirmon.

As for our RB situation, I think it could get ugly with all 3 (LDW, Brown, and Henry) all wanting touches. I'd start Brown though. I hope we can ride all 3 of them and really get our running game going.

I think our WR will perform better than most 'experts' think.

I also think we need to sign JF to an extension before the season starts.

And lastly, I wish the Titans would play a freaking preseason game in memphis for us other Tennessee fans. I game versus the Rams would get a lot of attention in Memphis.

Can't wait for the season to start. And I'm glad we sucked last year, that means we will play at 1pm a bunch, which is best for me.

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Unlikely.

1) It would mean they couldnt hit the 65,000 season ticket holders up for that game.

2) Memphis didnt exactly support the team the year they did play there.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

You hit the nail on the head exactly. The way they treated the then TN Oilers they dont deserve the titans even coming down to sign autographs.:banned: :suspect:

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

I wasn't living in Memphis at the time, but from what I hear most people where upset they weren't going to be in Memphis for good, thus didn't want to go.

Bad excuse though, I would have been there...

However, I can see how they didn't get the people there on a regular basis. The Grizzlies averaged around 15,000 a game, when the FedEx Forum can hold around 18,000. We only had 1 or 2 sell outs this entire year (out of 43 games). The last playoff game only had around 14 or 15,000.

But I think the Liberty Bowl would be packed for a one-night only event. Especially if the Rams were involved.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well we know they can draw 50,000+ stinkin' squeeler fans in Memphis.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

lol
    :rotfl: You know, that was an excellent post and nearly the entire body of it I was in strong agreement with. I am convinced that you have been reading this forum for some time... but you should have left that preseason thing out... maybe started another thread at another time... I was going elsewhere with my comment until I read that. I hope further comments are about other aspects of the post and turns into a real discussion, although it does have a very wide focus. Just the same, welcome... glad you came... oh yeah, Steve McNair can... j/k :ha:

As a season ticket holder :)) I would not mind a preseason game being played away like that. As nigel pointed out... That's $70 back in my pocket. (SECTION 330 :brow: cheap, cheap, cheap) That's $70 that I can spend on lithium and ativans.

Who was your draft choice NBA man?
    Meaning, who did you want the Titans to select at #3?

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I guess I forgot to intro myself as well.

Long time Titan/Oiler fan on the West Coast. Hard to hear anything but BS about the Raiders out here.

I am obviously opinionated about the players as my post show but don't get me wrong if they wear the blue and white they are alright in my book.

8. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Up until recently I didn't keep up with much NCAA football. The only team I watched and kept track of were the Vols. However, I did watch the Rose Bowl. When, at the end of the game, they had the final stats of VY, I said "we need a young guy like that on the Titans." BAM! Done deal! Good job, FO. and no, this isn't entirely on-topic, but I thought that I'd share that. Welcome to the place for Titans' fans, zackmann. :ravens: :banana:

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

Thanks for the welcome SEC 330 and Sukrillux...

I only put the preseason bit in b/c going to Nashville for a game has never been workable for me, but if there was a preseason game at the Liberty Bowl, I would be in heaven...I guess I wasn't expecting a Memphis backlash.

As for the draft...I was strongly in the Vince Young camp. The way I see it he stepped up during the biggest games of his career. But not only did his play go to a higher level in certain games, he was able to get his teammates to follow. And he has such a great body physically, he made Leinart look like a skinny little JV player.

And I was really impressed we were able to get LenDale White with the Eagles giving us another draft pick to take him. Reese must have been like, "if you must twist my arm". Young, White and Tulloch seem to be a pretty good draft. I only wish we had gotten an O-lineman. We got the best 2 players in the National Championship game. Pretty good.

I will not be upset if Young ends up starting most of the games this season. And even with him starting, I think we will be improved.

But just like last year, even if we only win 2 games next year, I hope they are against the Colts. Down with the Colts!!!!!!

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I think the closest Memphis will ever get to the Titans is if the University of Memphis invited them to use the campus as a site for training camp (as TSU and now Austin Peay have done) - and during that tenure someone like the Falcons or Rams stop by for a scrimmage at the Liberty Bowl

I do not forsee the NFL holding Pre-Season games at non-participant stadiums other than Mexico, Tokyo and Canton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar