My First Round Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Thesaurus, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thesaurus

Thesaurus Starter

1. St Louis Rams - QB Sam Bradford

2. Detroit Lions - DT Ndamukong Suh

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DT Gerald McCoy

4. Washington Redskins - OT Russell Okung

5. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Bryan Bulaga

6. Seattle Seahawks - OT Trent Williams

7. Cleveland Browns - S Eric Berry

8. Oakland Raiders - OT Bruce Campbell

9. Buffalo Bills - QB Jimmy Clausen

10. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Derrick Morgan

11. Denver Broncos - WR Dez Bryant

12. Miami Dolphins - S Earl Thomas

13. San Francisco 49ers - CB Joe Haden

14. Seattle Seahawks - RB C.J. Spiller

15. New York Giants - LB Rolando McClain

16. Tennessee Titans - DE Jason Pierre Paul

17. San Francisco 49ers - T/G Mike Iupati

18. Pittsburgh Steelers - C/G Maurkice Pouncey

19. Atlanta Falcons - DE Brandon Graham

20. Houston Texans - CB Kyle Wilson

21. Cincinatti Bengals - TE Jermaine Gresham

22. New England Patriots - OLB Sergio Kindle

23. Green Bay Packers - OT Anthony Davis

24. Philadelphia Eagles - S Taylor Mays

25. Baltimore Ravens - DT Dan Williams

26. Arizona Cardinals - OLB Sean Weatherspoon

27. Dallas Cowboys - OT Charles Brown

28. San Diego Chargers - DT Terrence Cody

29. New York Jets - DE Everson Griffen

30. Minnesota Vikings - CB Devin McCourty

31. Indianapolis Colts - T/G Rodger Saffold

32. New Orleans Saints - OLB Jerry Hughes

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Looks pretty accurate for the most part.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't like the Jermaine Gresham to Bengals. I don't think he'll be selected that early, he's stock is falling... maybe to the second round.

I don't see the Chargers taking Terrence Cody, I think he'll go to the Jets a pick later.

Cardinals shouldn't take Weatherspoon. They already have Joey Porter and they run a 3-4. Weatherspoon is not a 3-4 OLB, he's a 4-3 OLB. Cardinals maybe go with Jerry Hughes or Sergio Kindle instead, if they go OLB in the 1st.

Not sure about Clausen, I honestly don't think he's as good as he's hyped. I think he may fall way way down. Popular pick for him to go to the Bills, but the Bills have a HORRIBLE OL, they really need an OL. I think Clausen could fall the the 49ers or even the 2nd round, yeah... the 2nd round!

I love the McClain to Giants.
    Dez to Broncos is nice.

Good mock.

4. RavensShallBurn

I do agree that Clausen is overrated, but there's no way he drops to the second round. And the Bills would be morons to pass on him if he's there... unless they want to go OL, and try to get McCoy in the second if at all possible (that would actually be the best thing they could do). But, they have no QB, and if Clausen's there I just don't see them passing.

5. xpmar9x

Just today on ESPN, McShay and Tim Hasselbeck were talking about Clausen falling to the 2nd. So it's very possible.

Clausen is the most hyped player in a longtime. I hate his c**kyness and he's horrible under pressure. With a DE breathing down his throat he just throws jump balls. Sure, playing at ND that may work, but in the NFL thats an INT. Clausen is good, but he's nothing amazing.. yet.

There isn't alot of teams really needing a QB before other needs:
    Bills - They have Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Brian Brohm. All three are young and Brohm was just a 2nd round pick a few years ago. The Bills have a horrible OL, they were 4th in the NFL in sacks allowed and 2nd in QB hits. With Clausen on the Bills he will get beat up.
    Raiders - Al Davis is stupid, who knows what he'll do.
    49ers - They are dedicated to Alex Smith, they also have David Carr and Nate Davis. I could see the 49ers maybe pulling the trigger on Clausen, depending who's on the board.
    Seahawks - They traded for Whitehurst, and gave up alot for him. There is something they see in him. They also still have Hasselbeck.
    Steelers - If Big Ben gets traded (whole different topic) they could possibly draft him at #18.
    Cardinals - They have Lienart and Anderson. Lienart deserves a shot as a starter again.
    Vikings - Even if Favre doesn't come back they still have Jackson and Sage.

So as you can see, there is not alot of QB help needed. Clausen could easily fall late into the 1st. If a team with an really wants him, they may trade for him. But don't be surprised if this is Brady Quinn 2.0

6. RavensShallBurn

All of the Bills QBs suck balls deep though.

I think they'd be wise to do what I was saying... maybe go OL first round... then make something happen in the second round to get McCoy.

7. xpmar9x

ehh, I don't think the Bills would go for McCoy. McCoy has a weak arm, very accurate.. but it's weak. Which is exactly what Trent Edwards has and that didn't work.

For some reason, I think the Bills will take Tebow. Call me crazy, that's just my projection.

8. xpmar9x

As for Clausen. I think he'll be selected with the 16th pick in the NFL draft, and not by the Titans.

He'll fall past the Browns, Raiders, Bills, Seahawks, and the 49ers (1st pick). The Titans hold the 16th pick and if a team wants Clausen they better get him because the 49ers own the 17th pick, which I believe where Clausen would go. Maybe a team will trade for the 16th pick...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar