My God! ...Are we really stuck with Volek?!?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rcarie, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I just had to slap myself in the face with some cold water and take a swig o' whiskey... I can't believe that we now have Billy Volek as our starting QB. What is this world coming to? John Mclain believes that Vince will be starting earlier than later. He said today on sports talk that he thinks we'll see Vincanity after only a few games into the season.

I would rather watch VY learn and get better than have to sit through a season of Volek blunders...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Maybe Volek won't be all that bad.
    I for one will champion his cause.
    That is until he lays massive egg numero dos.

Then the hater inside will put his titty in the wringer!:evil:

3. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

This is my first post, so I'll begin with a question.

First let me say that I have loved Steve McNair...But I love the Titans more.

I've watched this McNair thing playout in the national sports media. To hear them tell it, the Titans are a bunch of deaf, dumb, and blind idiots for letting Mac go. DID THEY WATCH HIM PLAY THE PAST TWO YEARS. Do they know he's so fragil, he can't practice with the team.

NOW Baltimore has the last piece of the puzzle in place to beat everybody in the NFL !?!

If Mac was still that good, Tennessee would have found a way to keep him.

( OK, I'LL admit that was a statement, not a question)

Here's my question-- Is it just me, or does the national media seem to have a certain dislike for Tennessee?

Thanks...GO TITANS...It's good to be among friends !

4. If Roethlisberger can step in as a rookie and reel off 15 straight wins, what makes any of you think Vince Young can't do the same? He'll be in the game sooner or later, might as well throw the kid in the fire.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You've done it now... I tried to make that argument before we even drafted the guy... Haven't you heard? Vince is retarded and cannot read. It's all right there in the once 2legit2quit shortbus thread.:barf:

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Roth was in a much better situation. I seem to miss when we got the D pit had and the running game and a player like Hines Ward. He came to a playoff team and just propelled them to the next step.

We have won 9 games in two seasons. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Who else loved during the Pit Indy playoff game last season when you see Dungy and all of the people mouthing "He missed it??!!". That was classic.

7. TitanJames

TitanJames Guest

They just did a thing on Pardon the Interruption on ESPN about Kyle Boller and McNair and Tony Kornheiser was talking about how McNair is washed up and can't play anymore so why are they getting him when they have a young Boller.

A lot of the national media seems to have really figured out how much Steve was hurt and never played. I know John McClain always talks about how Steve is always hurt, etc....

I hope Volek does well but he didn't seem to click with the Norm Chow tweaks last year but I just hope it's not another putting up with Volek playing and if he's hurt, Mauck plays just to keep VY on the sideline...

Does anyone remember when Steve was a rookie and if Chandler was hurt, Will Furer would play???

Man he was terrible....VY will blow people away when he gets in!

TJ

8. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Well if we float near .500 then i could live with that, as long as Vince can start a game or 2 at the end of the season then he'll start next year.
    O.k i'm out of ideas

9. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

.. width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DF0bvePqgP0"></param><embed allowScriptAccess="never" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DF0bvePqgP0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed>..>:ha:

WE NEED THIS GUY

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Voleck will be fine. He'll serve our purpose for this year.
    Next year is when we take a big step forward. There will be no McNair dead money to account for. Capwise we should be able to add the bells and whistles on our bandwagon that's about ready to leave the show room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar