My Heath Shular Syndrome theory

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I at least meant a RB! LOL!
    That's a DB!
    :ha:
    point taken.

Still, doesn't anybody worry about a draft day nightmare if Cutler sails?
    Then what? I'm not going to push the moot button but I think they would make M.L. the "fit" and draft him at #3 as opposed to moving down and anglin' for Cutler. There is the Chow factor.
  2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I just went up there and looked at that post...
    That was really stupid on my part.

It looks like a big neon sign flashing "I'm a %$#&^@! MORON"
    that's good stuff...:lol3:
  3. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

I don't think there is a "better fit". It's just a question of who is better...
  4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

how much pull will he have is the question? Not much IMO. He had an offense that couldn't push their way out of a wet paper bag.

What past OC does Chow remind you of?
  5. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

there could also be the "Kyle Boller and JP Losman Syndrome" while talking about cutler.

made a bad team decent. people say he never had great stats because he had inferior talent around him. had all the physical tools, but was mentally inconsistent. poor footwork.
  6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG]

?
  7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm not sure I agree

I'm not sure I agree. You can't be any better than the team. You could be better at QB than the team is at their positions, but it won't show up on the score board. I think Shular could have put up some pretty good stats had he been drafted by a team like Dallas, (at that time), than by the Redskins. I don't think Gus Ferote was a better QB than Shular, but he fit the Redskins profile and has able to acheive something there. Shular threw alot of interceptions, his fault, but alot of on-target passes were dropped by bad receivers, not his fault but show up on his stats.
    I think alot has to be said about a possible player fitting the profile of the team.
    ________
    Vaporizer Affiliates
  8. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

If your argument is that a QB will look better on a more talented team, then clearly I agree. But obviously that won't affect our pick.

As for Shuler, who is to say he wasn't just a bust? As mentioned elsewhere, tons of top college QBs from top teams don't do squat in the NFL.

Look, if we're picking at #3 we probably aren't going to be a great team anyway. I don't think there is much to "fit". Any QB we get will have the offense adjusted to fit his strengths.
  9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I guess the one difference between Shular and whom ever we pick, is that Shular was thrown right into the fire from day one. If McNair stays here, that won't happen.
    ________
    Dodge charger (b-body) history
  10. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

I totally agree with your earlier post that we shouldn't take a guy like Lienart for fit. We should always take the best. The waters get a little more murky when looking at a guy like Young who is more of a running QB but the bottom line is if Leinart, Cutler and Young are all sitting there at #3 the one we should take (if we take any of them) is the one we really think is the best NFL QB.
    I also agree that a guy like Shuler was simply a bust. Few of these high QB draft picks find a home on another NFL team even as solid backups after they bust for their original teams. That indicates to me they never had it to begin with.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.