My Jake Locker at 8 mock scenario.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

1.08 - Jake Locker, QB, Washington.

2.07 - Bruce Carter, OLB, UNC.

3.13 - Rodney Hudson, C/G, Florida State.

4.12 - Terrell McClain, DT, South Florida.

4.33 - Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh.

5.11 - Stephen Burton, WR, West Texas A&M.

6.10 - Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh.

7.09 - Chris Prosinski, FS, Wyoming.

7.48 - Darius Morris, G/OT, Temple.

As much as I don't like Locker at eight, I could happily live with this draft. At the end of the day, I'm going to support whatever the Titans do, what do you think of a Locker at eight draft look?

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

As much as I love Carter I think there is a legitimate chance he falls into round 3 w/ his ACL issues. I think our team needs go 1. QB 2. DT so I'd rather see us take Paea in round 2 over any other player.

That being said this mock answers pretty much all of our needs so I'd be okay with it playing out that way on draft day.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

If we take Locker at 8 I want either Carter or Paea, preferably Paea in the second round.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Yeah, I understand what you're saying about Carter but Paea has even more injury concerns in my book. Paea just cannot stay healthy, plus he's coming off a minor tear in his knee. I would be happy with him I suppose at the top of the 2nd, but I think getting a OLB that can cover a TE is a bigger need.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Hey who is that FB? First time I've seen us taking a FB in the draft.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I love this guy, here is a video.

Sarge is 31 and we need to start grooming a new FB to help CJ get going again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a4x6V31BMQ

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

FBs don't really need grooming...

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Thanks for the insightful input. Does "learn the offense" sound better to you?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

might need some SS in there. that position's untouched

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Not sure the Titans can afford to groom/teach the offense to (however you want to describe it) a FB. Do you really expect the Titans to carry multiple FBs on the roster? The team can get Hall's replacement when Hall is ready to hang 'em up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar