My Jake Locker at 8 mock scenario.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i couldnt remember who was playing with big al and didnt want to look it up but we have 2 good dt now then why does almost everyone having us taking fairley when i presonally dont want a one year wonder that people question his work ethic.....opposed to someone like watt or cameron hayward in the second if we go qb in first?

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

When Brown is playing healthy he is actually pretty real good, but he's hurt way too often. I also think we need to move JJ to the end, I think he'd be more effective and hopefully get banged up less.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Because our two good DT's are made of glass, and one of them would be better as an end.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

he may be better at d-end but do you think he would be better over the prospects we have to pick from at defensive end in this draft? the only dt better than the two we have now thats worthy of the 8th pick is dareus and chances for him are slim to none as he is a lock to denver in my mind if not carolina...

so would you rather have jj or watt

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I don't want Locker at eight either, this is just a what if scenario.

I can't predict what JG will do with JJ, but I've been saying for a couple years now that he'd be better at DE. Considering what JG has said, about getting bigger at DE then it does make sense that they'd move him to DE.

It's just pure speculation on my part to assume what will happen, so since nothing has happened yet, better we think of JJ as a DE until that changes.

Personally I'd love for us to sign Hasselbeck and have Rusty and, in this scenario, Locker back him up. I'd throw a four year deal at MH, he's not going to get that in Seattle, even if he doesn't start he'd be a damn good mentor and very competent backup. I still think MH has some good football in him but Seattle is so bad, mostly upfront, that he hasn't had much to work with lately. He would be much better in our offense, with CJ, Britt, Cook and our O-line are light years better than anything Seattle has currently.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Here are the reasons you don't take Locker, or any QB at 8.

- The pressure to play him right away and pressure on him to succeed right away. If we take one of the highly rated defensive players here, they're more capable of coming in immediately and contriubuting because they're better players. Locker is usually around number 25 on most peoples top players board, whereas someone like Peterson or Fairley are consistantly top 10.

- Though I hate to say it, I don't believe we'll be very good this year. With all the changes we have like head coach, and bringing in a new QB, it will take a while to get used to the new system and for things to mesh. Couple that with how tough our schedule is, we may be in for a long year. That having been said, if we end up with another top 10 pick next year, there are much better choices at QB in next years draft than this years. Imagine if we did take Locker at 8 and go 2-14 this year and have the top pick in next years draft. No matter how bad you'd want to take Andrew Luck, you can't because you've already invested so much in Locker, or the QB you took at 8 the previous year.

- If anything gives me comfort that we will not take a QB at 8, it's that Reinfeldt never reaches and always goes for value. The scenario of Fairley at 8 and Ponder at 39 is SO much more attractive than Locker at 8 and Paea at 39 (just throwing out examples) because you could ease Ponder into the lineup when he's ready and not have to force him to play because he was picked so early.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No DT in this draft is better than Jones or Brown, not on day-1 anyways. Jake Locker is leaps and bounds beyond everyone we have at QB right now, so this makes sense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Reinfeldt never reaches huh? The SenDerrick Marks, Chris Henry, & Jared Cook picks say otherwise.

9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

hell the chris johnson pick was a reach since we drafted rb the previous 2 years in the 2nd rounds

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

So was Britt for that matter. We passed on Clay Matthews for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar