My latest Titans mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by THE_TITAN, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Pettis is rated pretty highly by Scouts and Kiper; I think he'll be gone in the third. In any case I'd rather go forward with Britt/Williams/Washington than add another rookie.

I do NOT want Ahmad Black. He's as slow as Hope without the size or tackling.

2. 24

24 Starter

He'll drop some due to his 40, but the film is really good on Black.

3. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I just can't remember a DB with a 4.8 flat going anywhere near the first two rounds; and I definitely can't think of one who has been particularly successful.

If we want to plug in a slow safety with really good tape, I'd rather give Myron Rolle the chance.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

He's slow yes. He plays much faster on tape but 4.8 is still very concerning for a guy his size. He actually is a very good tackler so I know you just pulled that comment out of your a s s. Hope takes garbage angles and is one of the worst open filed tacklers in football. Black is already ahead of him honestly this guy dished out some punishment at Florida he has a little Bob Sanders in him. I'd take him in the 3rd if I never found out about his 4.8 cause you would never know by his tape. His returns after interceptions are pretty decent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Myron Rolle will never be a great NFL player. He'll be lucky if he ever starts a game. He's not an option in my mind.

6. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Good lord, this board is flame-happy.

Thirty-two NFL teams look at the same tape you and I have (and a LOT more) and come to all sorts of different conclusions about a player. It is pretty stupid to presume that just because someone disagrees with you they have "pulled something out of their a s s."

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I use to want us to draft a SS, but now I don't really want it. This safety class is horrible. Yes Chris Hope sucks, but he has one year left. A 4th Round safety, probably won't replace Chris Hope year 1. We have decent young talent to began with (Rolle, Johnson, and Schommer). Why not just try all 3 of those guys out, see if they do decent. If not, the '12 draft class has some legit safeties.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Same here X. I would rather use a 4th to move up somewhere in the draft or trade for a pick next year.
    If McDaniel falls into the 4th round though I would still consider him though.

Next year is great year for Safeties.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

McDaniels is overrated also. He's projected to be gone by the 2nd now. He's slow on the field and the 40. He can hit hard, but has horrid coverage... sounds like Chris Hope v2 to me.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah let's not waste a 4th on a S and wait till next year in a deeper S class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar