My latest Titans mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by THE_TITAN, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This is probably the worst safety class in years. I'd rather wait and draft an early round safety next year, if Rolle, Johnson, Schommer don't show us anything amazing.

2. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Taking on the criticism from my first draft, I have gone to the drawing board and rethought a possible mock draft with a trade:

*TRADE* Titans trade 8th pick for the Patriots 17th and 33rd pick:

Round 1: Phil Taylor-DT-Baylor

[​IMG]

We trade down and get a huge DT in Phil Taylor who has visited Baptist Sports Park. He has the size to play NT in a 3-4 system but Jerry Gray would utilise him well as a NT type player in a 4-3 scheme where he stops the run and takes on the double team. I think he is the type of huge presence we need on our defensive line.

Round 2: Jake Locker-QB-Washington

[​IMG]

Jake Locker is my number one QB in the draft and to anyone who has been reading the draft forum for a while they would have seen my QB rankings thread as proof. Locker has played in a pro style offense throughout his college career and has proven to have a solid arm, good leadership and good athleticism. I really feel he is the best option we have in this draft to get a possible starting QB in the future.

Round 2: Bruce Carter-OLB-North Carolina

[​IMG]

Bruce Carter is one of the best all round linebackers in the draft this year and I feel he is the perfect type of player to contribute in a number of ways in his rookie season. He is a fantastic special teams player and will make an instant impact in that regard but is also a solid pass rusher and good in coverage. He is just the type of elite-potential linbacker the Titans need.

Round 3: John Moffitt-OG-Wisconsin

[​IMG]

Moffitt would be a slight reach here but I think he would be worth it as I can see him being talented enough to win a place starting in camp (if there is a camp that is). He can play at both guard spots and at centre and has played on a solid offensive line at Wisconsin that produces good o-lineman at the next level.

Round 4: Greg Romeus-DE-Pittsburgh

Round 4: Buster Skrine-CB-Tennessee-Chattanooga

Round 5: Cecil Shorts III-WR-Mount Union

Round 6: Henry Hynoski-FB-Pittsburgh

Round 7: Lee Smith-TE-Marshall

Round 7: Frank Kearse-DT-Alabama AM

3. xpmar9x

What's with everyones obsession with Phil Taylor now? I haven't done much research on him, so I don't really know about the guy...

4. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

He's a huge guy and will take double teams in the NFL. He plays with a mean streak and is definately a good mid first round selection. I am picking him in this mock as he is the best value at that pick and he's much less of a risk than Fairley who doesn't really have the size to attract double teams and will have to earn that right unlike Taylor who will instantly drag the double team based on his size.

5. xpmar9x

Isn't Taylor a 3-4 NT only? And has played NT his entire college career? Is he capable of changing to DT? I guess it's no different than me wanting Jerrell Powe.

6. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Yes, he is a 3-4 NT but I like him on our line to attract the double team and to be a solid run stopper for us. We need a bigger presence on our D-line. I like him in the 4-3 as well to create more space for guys like Marks and Tony Brown to dominate.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

LOL good luck with that draft.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Much more realistic. Good Mock

Taylor is certainly a big lad. Carter and Locker would be great in the second round.

9. 24

24 Starter

Taylor played in a 4-3 at Baylor. He's only considered a NT by most people because of his size and skill set. He's strong at the POA, but he doesn't offer much in the pass rush. He could definitely play in a 4-3, sort of like Fred Robbins did for the Giants and Rams.

10. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

If any of you are interested I also just finished the NFLUK community mock draft as GM of the Titans and heres how I did:

8. Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
    39. Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
    77. Titus Young, WR, Boise State
    108. Chris Carter, OLB, Fresno State
    139. Robert Sands, S, West Virginia
    170. Stephen Schilling, OG, Michigan
    200. Stevan Ridley, RB, LSU

Heres the link to prove it:

http://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=81176

Thoughts?

Personally, I thought I did pretty well there, I got some good value picks and addressed a lot of my needs. If this kind of draft were to happen it would almost be a sure thing that we re-sign Babin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar