"My long-term goals are to win now."

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...SPORTS/Titans+still+see+slimmer+LenDale+White

I couldn't get that one to load for some reason so I searched.

This one is funny in a way.

first, his current weight is awesome. it said he was at 265 last season so apparently all that hell we gave him was earned. He said he laid off the Patron. This is the time when I insert that picture of Vince with the Patron bottle...

but I don't feel like it.

I'm thinking LenDale is going to be a real player this year and if he puts up I hope he gets a new contract. If the Titans are going to be a run-oriented team I think you have to have two guys that can start.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thanks. Now we're a gang of two. A contract would be nice, but I'm expecting the franchise tag. Wonder if Chris thinks the Titans are going to make him the lone horse.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

<font color=blue>“It was a long time coming man. I finally came to camp in shape."</font>
    Why didn't you do that several years ago? Under contract then, now you want a better contract. A contract better than what fat players get.

<font color=blue>“All those runs that were four yards and now going to be eight or nine yards. It’s a big difference, and I can tell my the way I’m hitting the holes.”</font>
    That kind of thinking might have helped when you entered the NFL! <u>Amazing what changes can be made with the right incentives!!!!!</u>

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. fitantitans

If Ringer turns out to be exactly that, a "Ringer", screw LenDales contract. 2010 might be Johnson & Ringer with LenDale in Baltimore.
    I would never think they would franchise LenDale. That would mean that they would have to over pay him. He's not worth it IMO.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

franchise tag? woah, woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. When did White all of a sudden become a top 5 running back? He's not even the best running back on his team. If he doesn't get himself a nice extension or a new contract at some point in the season while he is looking good then let him go get himself a new contract in free agency. Evidently Reinfeldt knows how to draft running backs.
    he wouldn't be worth top five money, but if he's more than talk i'd like to keep a guy for a good price. Johnson could end up being a top 5 kind of guy. I'll tell you something though. I think White needs someone like Reggie Bush or Chris Johnson around. I think I have the impression he gets Haynesworthy. Maybe the pressure of trying to be better than another back motivates him. I wonder how he would respond to being the featured back after signing a fa contract with another team? Tequila Time :drink: or Touchdown Time? :helmet:

7. fitantitans

He'd wear down before mid season.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't see any team throwing starting dollars at him..

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Whether a team throws starting dollars on him depends on this season alone.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Denver, where Titan backup RBs go to die ...:rimshot:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar