My Morning Jacket vs New York Dolls CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Mar 5, 2016.

?
  1. My Morning Jacket

55.6%
  2. New York Dolls

44.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

One of the lesser altC-ish bands.. Popular but snooze..

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Oh good...thanks...won't be searching for that or films featuring clowns.

3. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

@CRUDS and @avvie

"We think we are elite musicians that choose to just be low key, so we get to say what's good or what's not good because everyone else's opinion doesn't matter because we actually play a guitar and if this was a glam rock/ cross dresser rock/ pre 90's rock or anything to be "punk" even tho it's straight garbage forum everyone would agree with us, but it's not. It's your typical sports forum so no one knows what good music is but we do because we play the guitar"

@DeeT04
    image.jpg

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Lol yep that's pretty much it! :)

Seriously though, I'm not really like that...I like some totally uncool stuff too, and most of what I write here is just "doing a bit". The band I play in right now is totally girlie pop and sappy love stuff but the singer is good at it and it gets us paid even if I feel a bit castrated by it. Sometimes the phone will ring and I get to go rock out, get funky or make some hot hippie girls dance so it's all good.
    All that said, this is Band WARS, so the whole point is to get a lousy matchup and defend your choices. MAN UP, @DeeT04 !

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

wah wah wah..
    You are right that other people's music opinions don't really matter to me..
    Unless I have to buy them a birthday present, I just don't give a rat's turd.
    Enjoy listening to whatever you want to listen to. There're more music in the world than we all could ever consume in one lifetime.

But either it is sour grapes about Av and me having a music background or you are inferring that it would be false to say having said background offers you a different perspective than people who "mostly worry about sports" typically have.

It mostly boils down to the obsession to not just be the guy that listens to the "radio hit", but to dig into the album, the deep tracks, their whole catalog, the artists that inspired the band, the gear, the family tree, the studios, recognizing tuning, faking and trickery - i.e. simply mining that ore to understand what makes some music great.
    And it's not far fetched to say musicians are more likely to be that guy than sports forum dood is.

Simple math and nothing more.

So it's not about knowing what is good for you - just having a better understanding of the stuff that is good for me..

All that said, this is Band Wars, not Band Hand-Holding or cake eating. If you got something to say on behalf of a band you like - or don't, this is the place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar