My North Endzone Negatives

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Take these for waht they are worth. I'm not an x and o guru like some, I just call them like I see them.

O line play was pretty bad. Hartwig was getting absolutely blown up early in the game, but settled down a little. Piller had some big collapses too, both when CB was crushed in the backfield by Gary Walker and then by Robaire Smith. To his credit, he was running downfield ahead of CB on a long run, except that he forgot to block anybody. For Zach to say the OL is not the problem, he's in denial.

I know we all love him, but Steve needs to sit down or simply retire. If it wasn't 5-10 over their head, it was at the shinbone. Horrible throws to the receivers, can't hit a guy in stride, can't throw a timing route to save his life. I don't understand when he's hurting, and cannot practice, and cannot throw off his sore foot or leg .... why is he in the game? Why does Billy get the reps and the chemistry in practice all week and then sit on Sundays? Is a 70% McNair better than a 95% Volek?

Why a two yard pass on third and seven? Why a three yard screen on third and eleven? Why do you keep getting in third and eleven?

Why can't you run on the worst run defense in the league?

Our offense is just that ... offensive. Averaging less than 20 points per game now, since we did not score a touchdown yesterday (on offense).

Catch the ball Calico, catch the ball.

KVB is a beast. Pac is much improved. I love his "fear no man" on the field. Woolfolk still looks lost out there. Reynaldo Hill has all the makings of our next Dainon Sidney. Note to Hill - take your man inside so you can watch the QB as well as the receiver. If not, play the receivers hands.

The win might be a little costly. Many more teams at four wins than there are at three wins. Especially since we will not be drafting anyone in the third round.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Why can't you run on the worst run defense in the league?"

"O line play was pretty bad. Hartwig was getting absolutely blown up early in the game, but settled down a little. Piller had some big collapses too, both when CB was crushed in the backfield by Gary Walker and then by Robaire Smith. To his credit, he was running downfield ahead of CB on a long run, except that he forgot to block anybody. For Zach to say the OL is not the problem, he's in denial."

there you go.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

We played no better than our record shows. The word 'denial' keeps popping up in these posts. We SUCK and anyone who thinks differently is in 'denial' ! How did these guys win 4 games?
    We need alot of work on both sides of the ball. Some vets will not be with us next year. Vets that we won't miss like we miss the ones that left last year.
    ________
    Handjob Busty

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Volek has proven that he can't get the job done. At least Steve has winning experience. Not sure if Steve shouldn't reitre, maybe he should, but Volek sure as hell ain't the answer.

We did the same things under Dinger over the course of the last couple of years. I remember talking about the same exact play calling last year. For what ever reason it seems like everytime we need 7 or 8 yards we run a 2 or 3 yard route and turn the ball over.

Week Oline+ Mediocre RB+Absolutlely no passing game = No running game. All teams have to do is stop the run against us and they've got us beaten. We're one demesional.

Catch the ball.... Anyone! Please... Catch the damn ball!!! I can honestly say that we have the worst NFL recieving core that I've ever seen in my life. I've never seen a group of guys who are so scared of the ball like our guys. No leadership and no balls. And yes, there we some passes that didn't hit them directly in the chest but that's how it is. Sometimes you have to bend over or reach out to make a catch. Our recievers look like they've never played the game before.

5. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I know everyone is probably as frustrated as I am, and I am one of those that tends to "react" in these types of situations rather than to "respond".

Like we have all said, we pretty much suck right now.

I'm still wondering about Billy. People say he is not the answer long term, but at this point in the season, with a not-so-healthy McNair, why is he not playing?

Sure, he's come in for a series or two, and he's looked for the most part "ill-prepared" most times this season. I would like to see him run the offense for a full game before we start the "trade Volek" discussion again.

I would like to see what is in our playbook after page two. By the way, Steve's play action fools nobody.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I notice this as well. To watch this vs. a Manning play-action fake, it's night and day. I was hoping it looked more believable from the viewpoint of a defender.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

two 1000 yard backs are mediocre?

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I hate to say it man, but Chris Brown is a Mediocre to Average RB at best. Yeah, he may of had a 1,000 yard season last year, but that was in like the first 5 to 8 games. His style is very inconsistant and he's not a great reciever out the backfield. Look at last year. He would break big ones than get stuffed or gain 1 to 3 yards the next play. Also he couldn't gain short yardage when we needed it, if his life depended on it last year. He still hasn't improved on the later problem, but to be fair the OLine play has been putrid.

As for Henry, well he's a puzzling guy. He's looked fine as of late, but only in the passing aspect of his game. I'd like to see what he can do with a good OLine.

9. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

Funny statement - mediocre because the majority of his 1000 yards came in his first 5-8 games last year. He obviously has big play potential - he's lost a decent amount of scores/long runs this year due to penalties. The whole team has struggled this year Cb included but I think you would have a hard time getting anyone to go along with the "Mediocre" tag. RB is not a position that needs upgraded on this team.

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

He hasn't done anything to suggest that he's any better than mediocre. Aside from breaking the occasional long run (which have been far and few between lately) he looks like an old Eddie getting a yard or two and sometimes less on most carries. I think that actually playing nearly a full season has taken a toll with him this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar