My North Endzone Negatives

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

and now he's being compared to Eddie - that was bound to happen

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Old Eddie.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

i know which "eddie" you were refering to - it doesn't make it any more sensible though

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we saw that against arizona. he went 18-32 for 198 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. then he left the game with a concussion.

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Apparently you haven't watched many games this year, otherwise, it would make sense.

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

man the guy in 106 was killing me with his 3-20, go for it on every forth down, stanley "the shank" punter and turn to page two of the playbook sarcasim, man i could not stop laughing @ him lol :lol:

that was the best part of the game besides the punt return by pacman

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

IMO, Brown is a second-tier RB. He shows flashes but consistency has been an issue as it would be with all but a handful of RBs in the league if they played for the Titans right now. Like most RBs in the league, he thrives when the Titans have an effective passing game but has difficulty when teams can key on him as they have much of the season.

I don't see him ever doing what Eddie did in his prime as far as being effective when defenses stacked it in to stop him.

9. maximus

maximus Starter

CB will never be as consistent as EG was. However, CB has the breakaway potential that Eddie didnt have. CB is also injury prone and cant get the short yardage, EG could play through most of the injuries and could get the short yardage. Its a give and take situation-you want a big play back, be prepared to take 10 2 yard carries before he breaks a 30 yard. If you want 3 yards a carry, dont expect many 30 yard runs.
    CB is an above average, but not great RB. CB and Henry's jobs are secure because the Titans have more pressing needs elsewhere, so there will be no drafting of a RB with a high pick.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Make your mind up.
    First Volek has proven he can't get it done. Then in the same post we have a weak OL, mediocre RBs and crap at WR not to mention lousy play calling. How many games has Volek has to prove himself?

I really find it interesting that a running back that absolutely ran wild last year and was rushing for 100 yards before half time in many games is now mediocre. Or how about Henry, a solid NFL back who has shown us when he gets a little room to run can be pretty darn good.

Yes the OL is the main problem and the coaching scheme is a close second. Saying Volek has proven he can't get it done is ridiculous. How can a guy prove anything with a weak OL, no running game and by your own admission WRs who can't catch. Maybe if we just think this through we might realize that Volek is the same guy who lit it up against poor defenses last year. Are those guys suddenly bad players?
    Volek has a better QB rating for his career than McNair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar