My Prediction

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Bud Adams personally said that he wants to win, and he wants to win now. He’s getting old and wants a super bowl before he passes (RIP). I can see him opening his checkbook a little bit more than normal this off-season. Here’s what I see:

Chuck Cecil is fired. Dinger will probably stay depending on his health, although I could see him taking a smaller role (such as QB coach) and let someone else take over OC. As long as Chuck is fired, I’ll be happy. Marcus Robertson needs to be replaced (secondary coach).

Titans will resign: Jason Babin, Ahmard Hall, Brett Kern, Dave Ball, Tim Shaw, David Thornton (small deal) and Stephen Tulloch.

Titans will sign the following free agents:
    Daryn Colledge - Colledge will want decent money and the Packers have T.J. Yang who could replace him for much cheaper.
    Albert Haynesworth – Redskins release him because nobody wants to trade for him due to his contract.
    Mike Sims-Walker – CJ and MSW are great friends (work-out buddies in the off-season, always tweeting to each other) I think CJ could lure him in. Jags will probably move on without MSW and I doubt the market will be crazy for him. I’d rather spend our money on him then Moss.. sadly.
    Donavan McNabb or Matt Hasselbeck – I think Fisher will go for a vet QB. Collins will probably retire, he’s what 39? McNabb and Hasselbeck are both 30+ but are much better than Collins. Sign McNabb or Hasselbeck to a 2/3 year deal.

Draft:
    1st round: CB – Patrick Peterson (LSU) – Patrick is a legit playmaking corner, he can cover/tackle/blitz.. anything that you need. Patrick would be amazing to get at #8.
    2nd round: SS – DeAndre McDaniel (CLEMSON) – Big hitter, has good speed, and coverage skills. He’s a true ball-hawking safety that will lay a big hit anytime. IMO best safety in this draft, has some minor character problems.
    3rd round: QB – Christian Ponder (FSU) – very accurate, very smart, athletic, average arm strength. Played in a pro-style offense at FSU. Sitting two years behind a vet QB could do him wonders.
    4th round: DE – Sam Acho (TX) – pass rushing DE. Decent size/good speed, will replace Jacob Ford easily.
    4th round*: C – Jake Kirkpatrick (TCU) – Big smart Center
    5th round: LB – K.J. Wright (Miss St.) – 6’3 250, 4.6ish. Led the Miss St defense for two years. 93 tackles & 3 sacks last year.
    6th round: RB – John Clay. 6’1 248. Very powerful. Hopefully we don’t try to put him on our practice squad.
    6th round*: TE - ??? – Just want a big blocking TE.
    7th round: DE – Pierre Allen – 6’5 265, if he fell this late I’d be shocked.
    *= comp. picks, I’m guessing we’ll get a 4th and 6th.

So here’s how the 2011 Titans would look:

QB: McNabb or Hasselbeck | Ponder | R. Smith
    RB: CJ2K | Clay | Ringer
    FB: Hall
    WR: Britt | Sims-Walker | D. Williams | Washington | Mariani
    TE: Cook | Stevens
    LT: Roos | Kropog
    LG: Colledge | Velasco
    C: Amano | Kirkpatrick | Velasco
    RG: Scott | Velasco
    RT: Stewart | Otto

LE: Babin | Ball | Haye
    DT: Jones | Haynesworth | Brown | Marks
    RE: Morgan | Acho | Haye
    OLB: McRath | Thornton | Wright
    MLB: Tulloch | Shaw
    OLB: Witherspoon | Curran | Wright
    CB: Finnegan | Peterson | Verner | McCourty
    SS: Hope | McDaniel | Rolle
    FS: Griffin | Fuller | R. Johnson

thoughts?

2. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

I think you are crazy for wanting McNabb or Hasselbeck. Ponder won't pan out either.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Who else is there?

This isn't what I want.. this is just what I think will happen.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Who else would you want? McNabb, Orton, Kolb, and Hasselbeck are the best QBs available.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like Hasselbeck, he's the reason I picked Seattle to beat New Orleans last weekend. Pair him with another MVP caliber RB like the one we have, and sit back and watch.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

remember, Stafon Johnson will be back to compete at RB next year. He looked to be the best of the RB's in pre-season 2010 (Blount, Gado, etc). Plus, I don't think Clay will make it to round 6.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jason Babin finished 2nd for all DE's in the sack category behind only John Abraham. If he thinks he's worthy of anything close to Abraham's $7.5M he's gone.

Ahmard Hall has done everything right to this point. Hard seeing him elsewhere, but the team is doing away with former Longhorns.

Brett Kern should be back if you ask me. Craig Hentrich was here for a loong long time, and had very similar numbers to Kerns 2010 stats.

Dave Ball, Tim Shaw, and David Thornton should all go. Jacob Ford is also a FA DE we could lose, but he has much more upside IMO than Ball. One will stay to pair up with Derrick Morgan next season.

As far as FA signings go, I'd say we won't try to sign Albert Haynesworth. The Titans have recently taken a no nonsense kind of approach. I just don't see Albert Haynesworth changing his personalty. Yea we could use him, but seeing what happened to Big Al's pal Vince, I just can't see him coming back. I also think the Redskins want to torture him some more.

I'll take Mike Sims-Walker. Jacksonville may let him go, but what happens to Moss?

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Revisit this after the next game...I think he was lucky as heck against NO.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

So how does this scenario help us win now? You've just outlined Bud's usual, "less is more" approach to free agency.

Remember assistant coaches and coordinators are Fisher's call only.

If Bud wanted to win now he'd throw in and sign Nnamdi and Mankins.

McNabb is under contract and will probably require a draft pick to get, his salary is also pretty high I believe. Hasslebeck is similar to KC at this point in his career, and he can't stay healthy. If we have to give up a mid round pick I'd rather have Orton. He's a lot younger and has more upside.

10. netnut

netnut Starter

We Get Manning!!!
    No im not crazy?
    1. Bud getting old needs a SB.
    2. NFL & Manning & Bud sell alot of jerseys ect!!! main reason for BUD!! Indy jersey sales probably nothing what Manning in tennessee would be.
    3 Big Al comes back for THE RING!!+40 mill 3 to 4 year contract. Defense set! 2nd round pick a stong safety!
    4 Manning Knows 3 more ring a must!! To be all time best!!!
    5 Manning started in Tenn & his wife is from Memphis!! Back Home to the FANS!!!
    THis team set up 4 him NOW Britt, Moss, CJ ,Cook ect!!!maybe a 1st round WR, this year also? ;-)) This could happen ;-))) think it out !!! Hope Fish Has!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar