My Pros and Cons for today.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

While I admittedly am a pessimist by nature, I am writing this post to offset all the negativity of my continuous diatribe about Schwartz. I know there are things that will be left off on both sides, but I will list as many as I can remember.

Here is my list of positives from the game today.
    1. The crowd was loud today. It feels like we have regained our homefield advantage again.
    2. We played a physical game today. I think Indi got smacked around. Several key break ups occurred via the vicious hit.
    3. The offensive play calling was good.
    4. Fisher is the king of in game strategy. His last minute TO was masterful.
    5. Vince made a lot of good decisions today.
    6. Henry played a pretty good game. 93 yards rushing.
    7. The offensive line played a hell of a game. 0 sacks allowed and >200 yards rushing. Freeney who?
    8. This team has its swagger back, there is no doubt.
    9. Bulluck had a solid game. 8 solo tackles 1 INT 1 FF
    10. Thorton had a great game 14 tackles
    11. Bironas’ 60 yard field goal was superb.
    12. Ahmard Hall runs like bat out of hell, he was our leading receiver today. WOW…
    13. We did a very good job holding Addai and Rhodes to limited yards and carries

Here is my list of negatives of the game today.
    1. We got beat on a long pass to Harrison while we were in cover 2 with a 3 man rush.. No excuse for that one.
    2. Henry is starting to revert back to his old ways as far as fumbling is concerned.. Very concerning to me.
    3. Manning threw for 351 yards against us. I understand that the plan was to try and keep everything in front of us. Unfortunately, we couldn’t do that either.
    4. Not to discount Manning’s two INTs, but one was a gift from Harrison and the other was an outstanding individual effort from KB.
    5. We didn’t have any sacks today (again). We showed flashes of getting pressure, but nothing that really disrupted the passing plays.
    6. LT never does anything good.
    7. Hill was unremarkable too.
    8. While we held Indi to 17 points, those points are misleading. Our defense didn’t play particularly well.

2. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Schwartz had yet another solid scheme today.

Manning throws for tons of yards on most everyone. Hes the best passer to ever play the game. Hes going to get his yards. However, we kept him from driving the ball for quick scores on us most times. The Clots were helld way beneath their season scoring average.

Finally, the Titans won.

3. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I was pretty proud of Roos today. Freeney beat him a couple of times early in the game with his spin move (fortunately they were relatively insignificant), but he caught on quick. I didn't watch him alot, but I noticed that later in the game when Freeney tried the spin move, Roos handled it very well. Quick learner.

I'd like to see us upgrade the pass rush in the offseason. Wish Starks would live up to the billing he had in college, that would be a help to our rush.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

how is holding Addai and Rhodes a negative?

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I don't think the o-line played that good. It was decent, but the run blocking was not very good against a bad run D. Henry will need to fumble more than twice in 2 weeks to get me concerned. The lack of pressure on the opposing QB is what concersn me.

Big picture though is a great, huge win for the good guys :yes:

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we had like almost 130 yards from our backs. thats good enough for me.

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Good catch... I fixed it.

8. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

And VY threw 2 INT's in the end zone. But still, great game guys.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

It's a nice stat, but there were too many negative, no, or short yardage plays to me.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I realize that are pass rush has been lacking for some time now, but nobody ever gets a lot of pressure on Peyton. There's a reason why they have given up the least amount of sacks in the league

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar