My Rant On Fisher...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thepoonerboy, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TennesseeJed

TennesseeJed Camp Fodder

There are two quite different issues here, both of which you have nailed.

1. Should we keep VY?
    2. Should we keep Fisher?

1. I am not a huge fan of VY but he is not a bad QB. At times he is actually quite good. And I still think there is enough raw potential there that investing in his talents could pay off. That he has had an argument with Fisher is in my view mostly irrelevant. Sure, VY needs to mature but then again he has been treated in a somewhat inconsistent manner. Pulling him in the Steelers game was unfair, for example.

2. I am a huge fan of Fisher but I am no longer convinced that he should be the coach of the Titans. He has invested heavily in the team but we do not seem to be getting better than middle of the road. We win some, we lose some. What concerns me the most was last week's loss to Miami. The whole team looked completely unprepared and playing an injured Collins made no sense at all. And Moss? Why even get him, if we are not going to use him? There is some fuzzy thinking going on.

In short, Vince might make us better, Fisher will not.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Call a priest we need an Exorcist.

I want anything to do with Fisherball exorcised from this team.:rant:

3. Section334

Section334 Tha Masta of Disasta

See ya Fisher..you've been my coach for a long time and I supported you through the good and bad, but in order to be successful the franchise must adapt to changes. I do not necessarily like how VY has been treated throughout his career here and I believe he has never been given a fair chance. John Gruden would be GREAT!! Mack Brown..sure..anyone who supports the team, the players, and make sensible play calls. Fisher has been going downhill for several seasons, and I believe he will be gone. In addition, the fact that Bud overruled Fisher to acquire VY when he wanted Leinart or Cutler just says that Bud REALLY likes VY and he is the one with the ownership, not Fisher.

4. Coov

Coov Starter

I wish Vince was innocent in all of this. I wish he had taken it like a man and not put a spotlight his immaturity... again. It would have been easier to know all of this could be solved with a coaching change and without all of the drama. So far there is nothing to be optimistic about.

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Lost in all this mess, is the fact that we played the "mustang", as vol fans remember, prevent defense in a tie game at the end of regulation! We should have lost the game right there. We refuse to blitz on third down and that has been killing us. But fisher played a prevent defense in a tie game, I have never seen that done by anybody ever! I am not defending young anymore and I have no problem with cutting him today. But Fisher had a lot to do with it too. If KFC had his thumb taped would he have been allowed to return? We did not try to win the game yesterday it was a pissing match and both parties are guilty. It is time for Jeff to go too!

6. Dendore

Dendore Camp Fodder

I've never liked Fisher myself... I think he makes pretty good draft choices, but then poor choices later. I will say the players like him though and that means a lot to me. He's a very experienced coach, and despite me and others not liking him... who else we gonna get?

7. drawingguy

drawingguy Camp Fodder

Your gonna be very disappointed if you think Fisher is going anywhere. If Adams kept a horrible QB and fired a decent coach Nashville would revolt.... VY is gone next year....

8. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

Unfortunately, I believe this is what is going to happen. Next season Fisher will still be here and Vince will be gone. I really think it is time for a change at the HC position. I thank Fisher for what he has done for this team, but his time is up.

9. DJB

DJB Starter

There couldn't have been a worse coach/QB combination to put together than Fisher and Young. I think Young could have been more successful with a coach that really wanted him and believed in him. At the same time Young knows what you have to do to be one of Fishers guys and he never was mature enough to win Fisher over. Fisher never liked Young from the start and Adams forced him on Fisher.

It's like an arranged marriage. Fisher was the man who saw his new bride and thought she was ugly before the ceremony even started then they were forced to live with each other and Bud says "OK guys....now love each other!" but it was never going to happen. Fisher never loved Young.....they just stayed together for the kids, but eventually it all blows up and there's a major meltdown. It didn't help that the bride acted like a spoiled brat because she knew her husband worked for her daddy and daddy was going to do everything to take care of his baby girl.

10. TNTitan277

TNTitan277 Camp Fodder

Dump VY, sell out and dump a 1st pick this year and a 2nd pick the year after for Kevin Kolb. Let's do it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar