My Relationship with Microsoft: Off to a Rocky Start

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BigRed3, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

So after years of playing my Playstation 2, I decided to buy an xbox 360. I've had this piece of **** for literally six days, and i'm already getting error messages. Anyone savvy on these kinds of things?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that was your first mistake.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

4. Toly

Toly Free your mind

BigRed3, what type of errors are you getting? Does it happen as soon as you turn the console on or is it when you are playing a game?

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Everything seems to be settled now. But yeah, it was right as I turned on the console.

6. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I'm on my third 360 in in 14 months. (Red Ring of Death).:grrr:

Good Luck with yours.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what errors are you getting ?
    does your unit have HDMI ?
    what is the production date ? (should be on the box)

8. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

Pucks got the right questions.

If you purchased a Premium model and it does not have HDMI, I would try to take it back and make sure you get the new model.

Later

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if at all possible, look for the manufacture date 1st
    the HDMI unit (which btw, is clearly marked on the box now) came into production around July 4, 2007
    rumor has it that the HDMI units also included the new 65nm chipset, but that has yet to be verified, and has been debunked

there is a trick known as the "Towel Trick" which I wont go into here, but it sounds more to me of a wqay to destry the box than save it .... but a buddy with the RROD used the towel method and it works for him now

if you can stand it, wait it out a bit, before you ship it back to MS. Maybe you'll get lucky and receive one of these new 65nm / HDMI units

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar