My surprise team for next year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay I broke down the team I picked. Just don't pick a team because they went 0-16, 5-11, etc. Give some reasons.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If that counts as a surprise team then that's who I'd go with. They have upgraded their defense through key free agent additions, adding a great defensive coordinator, and drafting Malcolm Jenkins.

Teams I expect to see in January (in order of seed):

AFC
    1) Steelers
    2) Titans
    3) Patriots
    4) Chargers
    5) Texans
    6) Bills

Colts SUCK

NFC

1) Eagles
    2) Saints
    3) Cardinals
    4) Bears
    5) Falcons
    6) Giants

Cowgirls SUCK

3. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

You realize how rare of a turnaround the Dolphins had, right?

4. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

Really? Picking the 8-8 Texans is bold. The Texans were what, 1 or 2 games from making the playoffs. Way to go out on the limb. Plus the Dolphins had one of, if not the best, team builders in the NFL helping them out.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

But the Texans havent made the playoffs.

I'm saying the texans will make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs next season. if that aint bold then i doesnt know what is.

6. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Although I agree with you the Texans were not 1 to 2 games away from making the playoffs they were 8-8 the patriots who went 11-5 didn't make it so even if the Texans had won 2 more games they wouldn't have made it. I do think the Texans will do better next year I think their slowly getting better and better, and could be a pretty solid football team next year. I think Parcells should go around each year to the worst team and rebuild them since he did such a good job with the Dolphins.

7. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

You are right. I was just thinking of them being ahead of the Colts. I forgot about looking into the other divisions. And no picking the Texans is not a BOLD prediction.

8. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

First off let me say this, I do not expect them to make the playoffs, but I do think they will beat 2 maybe even 3 teams thay are not supposed to. I know they were 0-16 so they are not supposed to beat anyone, but I am talking about some of the top teams in the NFC. They have some very good players on the offensive side of the ball. They have Johnson, who is a freak, and Culpepper has proven that when he has a big athletic WR to throw to he can put up some big numbers. Then they have a very good RB in Smith, who kind of got overshdowded by Slaton, Johnson and Forte. The question mark for this team will be it's awful Defense. If they can fix the problem on that side of the ball and can pull off some upsets, I say the win 6 or 7 games. Maybe even 8 if they get lucky.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

A lot of the sports sites were talking about how Culpepper was doing well in the off-season and how that might change their pick. Johnson is my favorite WR in the NFL and he's a freak. I though Smith was a really good RB and was overshadowed. They do need alot of help on defense but also need help on the OL to protect whoever starts at QB.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

My surprise team is the Arizona Cardinals. The surprise is that they will 'turn it around' and back right out of the playoffs, exposed by their below average defense and run game. See there are two types of teams that make it to/ win the Super Bowl. Great teams, such as the Steelers, Colts, and Pats of late.... and hot teams, like the Giants and Cardinals. Sometimes an above average team plays their best football in January and thats enough to get them into the big dance...this has happened twice in the past two years with New York and Arizona, and I believe that Arizona won't be too much better then .500 this year.

How is that possible ColtKiller, who's going to win the NFC West if the Cards don't? Well I'm glad you asked, so allow me to segue into my other surprise team: The Seattle Seahawks. They sucked last year, but with very solid additions on both sides of the ball (Aaron Curry, TJ Housch...) they could be significantly better. Matty Hassle is a very solid QB, and always has been. If they can figure something out about their run game and secondary (their front seven isn't too bad, Lofa Tatupu is a beast at LB) then I think that they could possible oust the Cardinals in that division and win themselves a playoff berth. Hows that for a bold pick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar