My surprise team for next year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Bold, but I still wouldn't consider it that bold... With Hasselbeck back under center and their recent additions, I don't think I'd be surprised if they came away victorious in the garbage NFC West.

It is definitely a gutsier pick than most people have gone with. I'll wait 'til right before week 1 to make my bold predictions. I only got 7/12 playoff teams right last year, but I did predict the Cardinals to win their scrub division, but I thought they'd be one and done for sure.

2. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

I almost said Seattle, they are my second team because I lived in Seattle for 4 years. They should have a pretty good running game. They have Julius Jones and Justin Forsett could be nice change of pace back for them. Plus they have a very good lead blocking FB in Owen Schmitt. So i agree with your pick.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I actually think San Francisco wins the NFC West next year. They were 5-2 under Mike Singletary last year, and I see the trend continuing. Singletary is now my favorite coach, besides Jeff Fisher. He's going to get the most out of his guys. I can see them winning anywhere from 9 to 11 games.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Bengals are your surprise huh... Well maybe an 8-8 record is an improvement, but for me those additions wont be near enough to make them a winning team. That franchise is missing something. I wont argue 8-8, but I would tell you that's what they usually come out and do. They come play okay football.
    If you want to hear a surprise team that will go from nothing to something, look at the Lions. They cant get any worse period. Making the playoffs in an iffy division could possibly happen. I'm not sold on the Lions being a great team, but surely they will improve immensely. New mentality will equal new outcome for 2009. I would prefer to say Seattle will return to the post season, but they usually do, so that's not much of a surprise team to pick. In a weak NFC North I feel the Lions could grab a wild card, whereas the Bengals 8-8 wont be enough to do much in the AFC.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm no bully, but I have to completely make fun of that :makefun2:. Singletary is the worst NFL coach. He will be there for two seasons before they realize how dumb he is.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If they stay injury free The Bungs will do better than 8-8. Count on it...

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

They were definitely not 5-2 under Singletary. I believe he was either 4-4 or 5-4... I'm not taking anything away from him because he definitely made an immediate improvement on the team. I see the 49ers coming close to the playoffs with around 9 wins... Who knows... that might be enough in that garbage division.

Explain.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yes, I made a mistake. They were 5-4 with Singletary as coach. But they did win 5 out of their last 7 games though. They play in the weakest division in the NFL, so 9 or 10 games isn't that far out there. And even 9 wins would have won the division last year.

I'm no bully, but I have to make fun of anybody who's basis of their argument is Mike Singletary being "dumb". Try bringing some substantial support before you "don't bully" somebody. The guy was one of the best linebackers of all time, he commands the respect his team, and he won 5 out of 9 games with Shaun Hill (Wtf?) playing quarterback. Its nice to see a coach not take crap from these big headed players. (Vernon Davis) He's down to earth, and he preaches physical football. That's my kind of coach. And like I said, he couldn't be in an easier division.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How about an award for worst gotitans poster? I normally hate knee jerk reactions like i'm about to give but i honestly feel there must be some racial motivation behind that ignorant comment. What else would cause that kind of remark? Singletary has a 5-4 record already.

I have followed singletary's career since he came into the league in 1981. There has never been any reason to think he is not smart. He sure was a smart player who called the signals for one of the best defenses ever and a very complicated one at that.

It won't take me 2 years to gauge your intelligence pal.

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

hey Burner, whats your surprise pick of the year in MLB? Nationals?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar